Chapter 14

I was in the break room, alone with my thoughts as I took a sip of my coffee. I thought about what Loki had said. "A warm light for all mankind."

What did he mean by that?

I kept rethinking his words until I remembered what my dad said earlier. That Loki needed a strong power source to control the Tesseract. I started to make the connections and that's when it hit me.

Stark Tower.

That tower is run by pure energy; this would be strong enough to control Tesseract and to hold the portal open. But how was Loki going to escape? And if this was the case then why didn't Fury call my dad instead of Bruce to track the cube? Why did S.H.I.E.L.D. have it in the first place, and what were they doing with it?

I plan on telling my dad about my thoughts on this but before I could do that, I need to go talk to Thor.

I'm going to ask him to see if the people on Asgard have ever communicated with each other through dreams. To see if this was a common thing for them.

I wanted to know why I had that dream connection with Loki. I thought it was strange how we were able to do that even before meeting each other in real life. I think it has to mean something, but the only way I could confirm my thoughts is by speaking to Thor.

I was about to get out of my chair to go look for him but surprisingly, He walks into the break room.

Perfect timing.

"Hello, Lady Hope!" His booming voice echoed through the room as he smiled at me

"It's just Hope," I said calmly, reminding him of what I said earlier.

"Oh, I'm sorry, please forgive me, I'm just not used to the custom," Thor said with an apologetic look on his face.

"It's alright, I understand," I said before standing up to walk towards him.

"Hey Thor, can I ask you a few questions?" I asked once I stopped in front of him.

"Of course, you can ask me anything!" he said cheerfully.

Before I could ask him about my dream connection, I wanted to ask him something else. I just pray that this question wasn't too personal.

"Thor," I hesitated for a moment, but then I continued. "Do you think it's difficult, to be forced to go against your own brother?"

His smile drops as his eyebrows knit together, turning his face into complete sorrow.

"Yes, it is most difficult," Thor said in a whisper before looking down to the ground.

I could tell that he was really upset about the whole situation. I didn't know what happened between the brothers but it created a huge strain in their relationship. But despite all of that, Thor cares deeply about Loki and he just wants him back.

I do too. But in reality.

"Thor" I called

He lifted his head to give me his full attention.

"I may not know what's going on with Loki, but I can assure you that he is not pure evil. He's just not in the right mindset, I can see it."

It was true, I don't believe Loki is evil. I could tell he genuinely missed me and that he wanted to tell me what was going on, but something was holding him back from doing so.

Thor responds "You speak as if you know him."

I bit my lip, not knowing if I should correct him on his comment or not, but he deserves to know.