Chapter 17

Loki's pov

After we arrived at the Tower, I ordered the mortal called Selvig to get the machine ready to open the portal as we prepared for my army's arrival. My men stood guard around the area as I watched over Hope, who I had wrapped around my arms as I took

my place on the furniture with her. She was still unconscious, which made it easier for me to bind her with chains that I had enchanted so she wouldn't use her powers to escape. It would be too much of a risk to have her free, knowing that she could possibly warn her father and his team of insolent fools. If there's any left of them for that matter.

As I caressed her warm cheek, I was trying to decide what I was going to do with her once I win over this realm. It was quite difficult to think with the sharp pain in my head, as I kept on hearing a small voice urging me to kill her; but I wasn't going to do that. I'll be damned if I let any harm come to her, especially from him.

I could keep her as my prisoner, to ensure her safety. But then again, she wouldn't be safe by me. Not by a monster who is ready to take over her home. And what will she think of me when it's done? How will it affect her once she loses everything?

Luckily, I didn't have to think more about the scenario when I heard one of the guards enter the room.

"Sir, the machine is ready. We were informed by Selvig that the portal will open in a matter of moments."

I gently removed Hope from my lap as I sat her into a sitting position on the furniture.

"Excellent," I said as I stood up to walk towards the window, as I looked at the city in front of me. Where the mortals didn't have any idea of what's to come. In a couple of minutes, this world will be my domain.

"Sir, what should we do about the girl?" the guard asked.

I turned my head a little, not fully facing him as I replied "She's not your concern, she stays with me."

"But sir..."

"Silence!, I didn't ask for your opinion" I cut him off in a harsh tone, as he shuts his mouth in an instant.

After my response, I heard Hope moaning in pain. I turned around to see her eyes were starting to open, as she slowly regained consciousness; I motioned the guard to leave as I walked towards her.

"Are you alright?" I asked, hoping that I didn't cause her any pain from the scepter.

"Where am I?" she mumbled, ignoring my question as she noticed the chains on her body. She began to snap her fingers from behind her back but didn't receive any results. She was trying to set herself free but was unable to do so. Which caused her to feel anxious as she repeatedly snapped her fingers.

"I enchanted them with magic," I said, referring to the chains as she turned her head to face me.

"You won't be able to use your powers while they're on you. You'll have to find other means to escape." I added

Her eyes widened more as she started to take in her surroundings. A startled look of recognition appeared on her face as expected, as I knew full well that this tower was her home.

"Why did you take me?" she asked before turning back at me.

To be quite honest, I still didn't know why I brought her here. Something about her just kept pulling me in, as I couldn't bare to leave her side. But I couldn't admit that to her so I came up with a lie.

"I've brought you here to witness my grand event, as everything goes according to plan," I said with a smirk before pointing outside.

"Soon my army will come, and with their help, I could take over this realm and rule it as their new King," I said with pride.