Change of Faith

It was the middle of September.. vera was heading home from work.. as she drives she keeps looking at her phone.. specifically her messages.. it's been three months since her boyfriend Nestor left for work.. no calls no mails no nothing.. and she is starting to get worried.. what if he got hurt or something? The last thing he promised was after that business trip in London they will get married.. Vera couldn't help but to tear up knowing she has lost connection with her boyfriend.. at the brief moment of her crying her phone rang.. it was her Mom

Vera: hey ma.. you called?
Mom: i just want to remind you that your father's birthday is coming.. i was really hoping that you could attend this time..
Vera: I can't ma.. I have plenty of work to do..
Mom: can you just set that aside just for 4 days and be here for your dad? Pls.. you didn't even make it to his last bday party.. he misses you..
Vera: but ma.. I'm super busy and I'm expecting a letter from Nestor..
Mom: I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we borrow you for 4 days.. V we're not getting any younger you know..
Vera: fine.. I'll be there.. and don't start without me..
Mom: ok.. I'll see you tomorrow
(Call ended)
(As she arrives home she thought of what her mom said.. I'm sure Nestor wouldn't mind.. I mean he hasn't communicate for a long time.. and besides how can she say no to her family.. so she wrote a leave of absence note and bought a ticket home)
(Next morning; 8:00am)
(Vera woke up, took a shower..and hailed a taxi to the airport.  Knowing she didn't even had breakfast)
Vera: excuse me sir?
Driver: yeah?
Vera: is there a place in the airport where I can buy to go foods?
Driver: yes mam.. they lots of convenience stores..
Vera: thanks..
(She arrived at the airport by 8:30 and she still got 30mins before her plane takes off.. so she walked around looking for food stalls that suits her breakfast taste.. as she entered one.. she order some omelette sandwich and some coffee and sat by their chairs.  She looked around watching people go back and forth with their luggages)
Waiter: your order mam
Vera: thanks..
(As she was about to eat she noticed that her food is missing some condiments.. so she search and found one by the table of a man)
Vera: excuse me sir.. can I borrow that ketchup bottle?
Patrick: do I like I owned it? Take it..
Vera: tskk.. 🙄you don't have be mad about it..
Patrick: me mad? Wow..maybe you need glasses to see better
Vera: excuse me.. my eyesight is perfectly well.. you know what.. I don't got to deal with this..
(She took the ketchup bottle put some on her food and walk away eating it.. so as she walks to the plane's gate she already finished her food and was greet happily by the stewardess)
Woman: plane ticket mam..
Vera: here..
Woman: thanks.. this way pls..
(She follows the attendant to her seat)
Woman: here you are mam.. row 5C(she left)
Vera: thank you..(she turn to sit down) wait a minute.. you again?!
Patrick: oh god.. are you stalking me?
Vera: duuhh.. why would I do that.. maybe you're the stalker..
Patrick: are you accusing me?
Vera: I didn't say that..
(Both Vera and Patrick was somewhat making a scene.. people are starting to look at them.. so one of the Attendant came to see what's going on)
Woman: is there a problem here?
Vera& Patrick: yes!
Woman: what is it then?
Vera: this rude fellow here can't be my seatmate..
Patrick: wow.. I'm rude? Tssk..
Woman: so let me get this straight.. you both don't want to sit next to each other?
Vera& Patrick: yes..
Woman: I'm sorry mam and sir.. but all is arrange and the plane's about to take off..
Vera: ughhh.  Fine.. I'll sit next to him.. ughh.. do it for dad's birthday V..
(So she sat down next to Mr. Grumpy Pants)
Vera: so here's the rules.. don't touch me.. don't look at me and don't talk to me got it?
Patrick: whatever snobby 🙄
(Deep inside Vera is barely keeping it together..it's a 3hr plane ride and above all people she gets to be stuck next to Patrick.. an hour pass and Vera spends her time reading silently.  Until Patrick decided to disturb her)
Patrick: hey.. snobby?
Vera: what?! Didn't I say no talking? Are you deaf?
Patrick: tssk.. you really are bossy..
Vera: why are you bothering me?!
Patrick: I'm feeling bored and I heard you murmur earlier that your going to you dad's birthday?
Vera: we're you eavesdropping?
Patrick: no..hahaha just a lil.. that's what I'm going to..
Vera: what?
Patrick: I said that's my agenda too.. I'm going to a birthday party too..
Vera: so? Do I look like I care?
Patrick: why are you so----
Woman: is there another problem here sir?
Patrick: ohhh.. no hahaha me and my girl is just debating on some stuff..
Woman: ok..
(She left..)
Vera:(elbows him by the stomach)  your girl?! Are you delusional?(she whispers)
Patrick: you should atleast thank me for not embarrassing you..
Vera: thank you?!
Patrick: you're welcome ☺️☺️..
Vera: your are such a disease you know that..
(Patrick just smiles)
Captain: attention passengers.. we have arrived to California..
Vera: finally..
(As the plane land Vera immediately got out.. she couldn't take a second sitting next to Grumpy Pants.. she step out smell the air and went to a  shop and bought her dad a gift)