Behind Close Screen

Vera sat calmly by the table as the interviewer introduce himself.. today marks as the 1st day her and the cast of conjuring:the devil made me do it virtual junket.. on her screen she was join by his work husband Patrick Wilson and their director Michael Chaves...
Man: so good morning guys I'm David.. so how's everyone doing?
Vera: I'm quite well David..
Michael: same.. hahaa
Patrick: I've been to worse..hahahaha kidding.. I'm great..
(All laughed)
David: so.. how about we start with some simple questions fans has been asking.. like this one... Is there gonna be a conjuring 4?
Vera: well.. it depends on them.. cuz I'm all in.. how about you pat?
Patrick: I'll probably retire..
Vera: excuse me?
Patrick: I'm kidding.. hahaha ofcourse I'm in.. having this role is a blast.. especially having a beautiful co-star..(he smiles and wink at Vera.. as she took it with a giggle and roll her eyes)
(As the interview went a couple more deeper.. all was having a good time.. as the zoom call was approaching it's end the interviewer ask some questions specifically for Vera and Patrick)
David: so some fans are just dying to know.. was the kiss from the final scene of the film rehearsed?
(Vera blushes, as her mind went back to the part where they act the final scene of the film.. They were under some shade of trees as they read through their script.. suddenly Vera gasped)
Patrick: what's wrong?
Vera: nothing..
Patrick: lemme see..
Vera: no.. hahaha
(Patrick tickled her side to get the script off her hands.. then he saw the part where she was reading)
Patrick: what are you nervous about? It's just a harmless kiss.. it's not like I'm gonna suck your soul away.. hahaha calm down...
(She took the script and smack it to his shoulder and laugh)
Vera: who says I'm worried..
Patrick: then if your not, shall we rehearse it?
Vera: why?
Patrick: I don't know..
Vera: hahaha.. yeah right.. it's not like I'm gonna suck your soul away.. we don't need to rehearse..
(Vera smiled ear to ear..  without knowing that  she was still conducting the press junket)
Patrick: earth to Vera.. I repeat earth to Vera..
Vera: ohhh.. I'm sorry what?
Patrick: you missed the question..hahaha..
Vera: oh what's the question again?
David: was the kiss rehearse?
Vera: no🤭..
Michael: ohhh she's blushing hahaha..
David: hahaha final question.. this is for vera.. some fan ask.. how were you today? Hope you recover from the divorce.. we love you and we're here for you..
(Vera's mood suddenly change as the interviewer mentioned divorce.. and it didn't miss a second as patrick notice her)
Patrick: I think the answer to that topic might not be available right now David.. besides were supposed to promote our film here.. not talk about some breakup..
Vera: oh no it's fine Pat.. so I just wanna say that i am feeling quite alright and i've moved on.. that break up was three months ago and i'm happy to report that i found someone who makes me comfortable just the way i am...
David: ohhh so your seeing someone already?
Vera: yes😊 .
David: do we know that person?
Vera: maybe hahahaha..
Patrick: can you atleast describe him..
Vera : why so curious pat?
Patrick: hahha I mean.. ain't we all?
Vera: hahaha like I said he's identity is confidential.. next question pls..
David: ohhh.. savage hahaha... Ok last question.. before we end.. Mr. James Wan has just entered our junket to answer some question.. Hi Mr. James .
James: hi guys.. haha
David: so the question is.. if you were to make another film about the warrens would Parmiga still involves?
James: of course.. I'm never letting go my best duo.. Hollywood's modern ghost busters..hahaha
David: nice.. so James what makes you think this two is killing it playing the warrens?
James: well for starters, their chemistry is off the roof.. it's just how they treat each other is hubby and wifey material.. for me the reason that they pull this off amazingly cuz both of them had never been in relationships with each other.. yes sexual tensions are there but.. it just stay there.. they never cross that line and remain just friends..
(Both patrick and vera let out a awkward laugh)
David: that ends our session today.. thanks so much guys . Hope to see you more in the conjuring franchise..
(The camera are now off.. Vera sunken down on her seat as she absorbed what jus happened.. as she stared off to her reflection on the computer, she heard a knock by her door)
Patrick: hey there stranger? What's with the long staring? Having a daze again? Hahaha..
Vera: oh shut up..hahahaha..
Patrick: come here.. give me some kiss .hahaha
Vera: what's the password?
Patrick: hmmmm? Double monkey? Hahahaha
Vera: hahaha so cute..(she pecks his lips)
Patrick: so are we having a dine in or take out?
Vera: let's have some dinner on my friends resto..
Patrick: are you sure? What if--
Vera: don't worry I trust her.. she won't reveal a thing..
(So both prepared for the dinner they're about to have.. they wore a simple outfit and cover it with some thick clothes and sunglasses for paparazzi protection... they sat down to a table near the rooftop as patrick went to the bathroom...as she waits for her food..by herself, she thought about the answer James made earlier, she felt guilty of his statement.. Yes, they didn't cross that line.. they actually leapt through it, She and her co-star Patrick Wilson has been together for almost 3 months and she must say it was a blast having him as a partner.. the only thing that bothers her is the fact that the media is always on her tail.. gathering every move she makes....it's been a while since she felt happy with someone.. ever since she had gone through a nasty divorce with her husband she never thought she would end up with the man of her dreams well technically just boyfriend..
Patrick: hey.. what are you thinking about?
Vera: hmmm? Oh.. nothing I was just having another daze
Patrick: really? What about?
Vera: us..
Patrick: ohh.. was it a good daze?
Vera: Pat.. hahaha of course.. I was just thinking of when is the right time for us to go public without being tailed by paparazzi.. I want to experience holding hands, kissing you in public without any judgement..
(Vera's mood suddenly change.. she felt sad inside.. luckily patrick was there to give her the comfort she needs.. he stands from his seat and kneel beside her, he took her hand and lift her chin to face him)
Patrick: hey.. don't be sad.. that time will come soon I promise you.. right now we just have to go incognito for the sake of our careers and relationship..
Vera: you're right.. oh I'm so lucky to have you..hahaha
(After a few hours of eating and laughing they finally put on their gear and walk outside)
Vera: that dinner what's perfect...
Patrick: hmmmm..
Vera: what's wrong P-bear?
Patrick: I just didn't like how that waiter was looking at you🙄..
Vera: pat...hahaha he was just amazed by serving us..
Patrick: right...
Vera: don't be sad.. I chose you didn't I?
Patrick: I guess you're right.. hahaha
(The next morning.. as vera was cooking breakfast, she received a call that they were have a virtual junket for her new Film called the many saints of Newark.. it's gonna be a fandom junket.. means she'll be asked by fans.. she was a bit excited to tell Pat but he was still asleep to she decided not to tell him.. after she finished cooking she came upstairs.. wake Patrick up, told him that food is by the table..and got in the shower and got dressed..)
(She sat by her computer and entered the link)
Man: and miss farmiga just entered..
(The fans screams.. as vera waved them hello..)
Vera: good morning everyone..
(Fast forward 10 mins later)
(Vera was amazed by the talents the fans has show.. she was lost on her own world that she didn't notice Patrick entered the room with no shirt on and holding her a breakfast plate)

 she was lost on her own world that she didn't notice Patrick entered the room with no shirt on and holding her a breakfast plate)

Patrick: babe.. I thought you might want your food up here so.. I just brought your own cooking here..I didn't wanna let my baby go hungry so.. hahaha
Vera: thank you P-bear..(he kisses his cheeks and turn back to the screen and saw surprised faces.. there it hit her that her camera was open and so was her mic)
Vera: oh shit!!(she mentally cursed herself as she closes her cam and mic)

 there it hit her that her camera was open and so was her mic)Vera: oh shit!!(she mentally cursed herself as she closes her cam and mic)

Hahahaha #busted🤣🤦🤦.. part 2???? How will Parmiga get out of this mess? Can Vera lie her way out of this one? Media's buzzing and knocking on their doorstep.. 🤭🤭.. this chapter's idea came from Chelize2... ❤️❤️❤️ Keep them suggestions coming ❤️❤️