The day after Valentine's

(Vera just finished showering, time for her to head to her job, she works as an employee at a toy company.. as a routine she always drops by her fav coffee shop and ordered the same drink for the last 2 years)
Man: a lovely morning Vera..
Vera: what's so good about this day?
Man: wow.. didn't you forget? It's valentine's day..
Vera: oh that.. what's the point? I don't even have a date..
Man: well.. I'm--
Vera: zip it.. thanks for the coffee.. bye..
(As she arrives by her desk her mood suddenly change.. the office is full with decor for Valentine's day.. even her desk has tiny hearts)
Vera: who the hell put this junk on my desk.. damn it guys..(she pick them up and throw it in the trash)
Anne: bitter much?
Vera: I just don't like this occasion ok?
Anne: V don't be hard on yourself, Valentine's is about celebrating love for other people, you don't need a man to celebrate it..
Vera: I know.. it's just I'm always out of place when this occasion comes..
Anne: I'm sure that dream Guy will come soon.. I mean maybe your just not looking for it.. that coffee man looks--
Vera: nope.. ok.. that guy isn't even my type..
Anne: how can you tell.. you didn't see his face..
Vera: exactly.. he always hides it behind his mask.. I know that it's company rules but you got to take your mask sometimes..tsskk.. I'll be a single person till time ends..
(Vera sat down on her change and starts cleaning up as Anne left her.. as she often do nothing but watches romantic movies and disappoint herself.. but all the time having that certain person to share life with often cross her mind.. she would use her imagination to create this beautiful specimen of man that will complete her life, give her the perfect house,travel the world with her and even gave her some future children..)
Anne: hey!!
Vera: what?
Anne: I've been yelling at you for the last 10sec what are you daydreaming about?
Vera: nothing..
Anne: right..🧐 look me and my bf are heading to this bar tonight wanna join?
Vera: and what? Be a third wheel? No..
Anne: come on V.. pls? Maybe you can meet your man there..plssss...
Vera: ughhh fine.. just pick me up ok?
Anne: k...
(Later that night.. Vera took a quick bath and waited for Anne to come... As soon as she arrives they went directly to the bar)
Vera: I'll be by the counter ok? Enjoy lovebirds..
(She sat down and ordered some drinks.. as the bartender hands her the order he slightly give her a wink)
Vera: tsssskk... Not tonight buddy.. you're not my type.. your old enough to be my son..
(He immediately walks away disappointed.. as she had more than 3 shots she stop ordering and just enjoy her surroundings.. couples kissing everywhere.. sitting on laps, sharing drinks.. she felt out of place again.  So she just stood and decided to wait by the car.. as she exits the building she saw this old woman who was being rob by some teenagers)
Vera: heyyy?! What the frick are you guys doing? Get the f*** away from her?!!! Do you want a beating? Huh?!
Boy: just mind your business lady..
Vera: oh that's it..
(She walks towards them and yank the other boy to the ground)
Vera: you children makes me sick.....
Boy: let go of me😭 we're sorry..
(She immediately let's him go and they ran away leaving the bag.. she pick it up and hands it to the woman)
Vera: are you ok mam? Are you hurt?
Woman: I'm fine.. thank you..
Vera: is there anything I can do for you? A drink? Food maybe?
Woman: ohhh.. how sweet of you dear but I already ate..
Vera: ok..
Woman: thank you again for saving my life.. is there anything I can do to return the favor?
Vera: ohh.. it's fine mam.. you don't need to do nothing..
Woman: how about I grant you a wish? Hmmm?
Vera: a wish? Sorry but I don't believe in magic..
Woman: are you sure about that?
Vera: pretty much..
Woman: what is it that you truly desire to have in life?
(Vera stood quite as she looks at the woman she saved, her mind screams that Dream life with a dream Guy..)
Vera: I'm sorry mam.. like I said I don't believe in magic..
Woman: hmmmm.. so you desire to live a perfect life?
Vera: how did--- you know what nevermind.. have a goodnight..
(She walks away)
Woman: enjoy tomorrow..
(Vera paused and look back at the woman but she saw nothing.. so she just kept walking)
Vera: what a weird night..
(As soon as she meets up with Anne they all went home.. she walk herself to bed without hesitation of doing nothing but to sleep)