Block Party

Akieva

I took one more look at myself in the mirror before I headed out the door to meet up with Vina.

"Kevia I don't want you staying out all night, be back at a decent hour" Danielle said. Which she's my step mom we somewhat get along, even though she be trying to get me to call her mom which I refuse to call her that. I only have one mother who is in Atlanta while I'm in California with my dad and Danielle which is another story.

"Yeah okay" I say walking out the door not really caring cause my mind was on going to this party and see August.

"Ready to go see your boo" Vina said as we start walking down the sidewalk.

"Whatever Vina I know you can't wait to be all up on Jarod" I say while nudging her arm.

"True" she laugh.

We was now walking by people who was dancing and playing in the streets, you had some folks hanging around their cars and stuff then I spotted August and some girl. I ain't gonna lie I was feeling some type of way even though he's not my boyfriend yet.

"Kevia right" the boy that was with Jarod and them earlier today.

"Yeah and you are".

"Calvin, August and Jarod friend" he say while smiling at me.

"Okay nice to meet you Calvin I guess" I shrugged my shoulders but I kept glancing at August.

"I see Vina is occupied and you over here all by yourself, wanna anything to drink" he offer me.

"No I'm good" I say giving him a warm smile.

"Just so you know I'm not going to leave you over here by yourself, so you mind as well come chill with me and my girlfriend".

"Your girlfriend? You sure she'll be fine with me hanging with you".

"Yeah I think y'all two would get along just fine, come on" he took my hand and was taking me towards her, hope this goes well.

August

"Baby come dance with me" Moncia said while holding on to my arm.

"Nah maybe later" I say then I went to go speak with Jarod who was with Vina, I haven't seen Kieva yet.

"Hey Vina, your friend must've change her mind about coming".

"No she's here, I thought she was with you. Look between me and you she only came to see you" Vina said while smiling.

"Oh really"?

"And who is this Kava girl"? Monica ask with an attitude.

"Baby she's just a friend of Vina calm down" I tell her then peck her lips. Monica is my girlfriend of course and she's the clingy type which I don't like that shit, it's okay to be around but not all the time. She even tried to move in with me and I came straight forward that she can't. She went to go get something to drink leaving me alone with Vina and Jarod.

"Bruh you need to drop her, I never did like Hoemonica" Jarod said and Vina start laughing.

"Aye you don't have to deal with her that's my problem, beside she's just clingy that's all".

"Nigga you thought" Vina mumble which I caught it.

"Anyway where's Kevia" we all start walking through the crowd and spotted Calvin, his girlfriend, and Kieva.

"What's up Kieva"? I say giving her a smile.

"Hey August" she said back.

"I know you not being shy around me again".

"No" she began to blush.

"Bae I was looking for you, had me walking around just to find you" Monica said handing me a drink then she turn to look at Kieva.

"You must be the Kava girl".

"It's Akieva, and you are".

"A thot" Jarod mumble.

"Umm it was nice seeing you Kieva, ight Jarod, Cal, and Vina see y'all maybe tomorrow" I say then Monica and I was on our way out. Maybe Jarod was right I need to drop Monica.

Akieva

"I see you made it back just in time" Danielle said while in the kitchen drinking a glass of water.

I didn't even say nothing I went straight to my room and got out my clothes. My mind was still on August who so happens to have a girlfriend, something told me not to go but no I wanted to see August. Vina text me which I'll text her later on tomorrow, I have work in the morning so I got in my pajamas, place my phone on charge and went to bed.