Olympus to the Badlands (Not edited)

Holding onto Xigbar's hand was the only thing keeping me from being blown away. Once again, the endless gloom buffeted me as we traveled. I held onto my hood with one hand, while my other gripped Xigbar's hand for dear life. These people seriously needed a new traveling option.

Xigbar noticed my distress, an amused grin grew on his face when he looked over his shoulder. "You alright?"

"Do I look alright?!" I raised my voice.

Xigbar chuckled. "As long as we have our cloaks, we can travel here no problem. But we shouldn't stay too long." He stopped for a moment, pulling me closer. "But you? This place WANTS to get rid of you. I mean, there's literally no wind here!"

I grumbled at his laugh, standing close to him. The 'invisible wind' wasn't as bothersome when near him. But it was annoying how I kept feeling like I was being pushed and tugged at the same time. "Whatever, I'm not getting into it."

"Of course not! The time traveler has to keep their secrets after all." Xigbar chuckled as he leaned closer to my face. I blushed at his large grin. "I'd love to know them all one day."

"C-can-! Can we please leave?!" I squeaked and jumped away from him. My eyes widened when my hand let go of him, and the 'wind' seem to push against me. I let out a small yelp as I fell back, being pulled and pushed by the darkness. "Xigbar-! Xigbar!"

"I got ya-" Xigbar suddenly appeared behind me, and I landed in his arms. He fell back from the impact, and I sat between his legs, grabbing hold of his cloak. "Hey-hey, it's ok. You're alright..." He tried calming me down as I shivered, remembering the brief feeling of claws taking hold of my cloak. He tilt his head as I calmed my breathing. "Hey, we're almost there. Think you can last a little longer?"

"I don't know." I mumbled against his chest. I didn't care to think about our position, and how Xigbar began patting my head. For a brief moment, I thought I was a goner. What were those claws? "Could you-?"

"Carry you? Sure." I didn't miss the grin in his voice, as he hooked an arm under my knees, and picked me up. I gave him a look when he glanced at me. "Don't tell anyone about this."

"Wouldn't dream of it kiddo." He chuckled, then began walking again. This time however, I noticed he smiled the whole way. I rolled my eyes, and kept my face buried in his shoulder. I didn't want him to notice the amused smile on my face.

-X-

"It is way too hot here..." I grumbled, fanning my face. Xigbar groaned in agreement, and added how his armpits would get sweaty at this point. I gave him a disgusted look. "I didn't need to know that."

"Well, you do now." He grinned, and I couldn't help my chuckle. I should be annoyed and bothered to be around him, given his relationship with Xehanort, and his knowledge about Terra's fate. But, for some reason, it's hard to hate him.

We arrived at a large coliseum, looking up to the large structure. I briefly glanced at my map when Xigbar wasn't looking; Olympus.

"We're here. Since I'll be the one fighting, mind watching my back?" Xigbar asked as he summoned his twin arrow-guns.

I nodded. "Of course. good luc-" Heartless began to form and appear around us, and they were growing number. We stood back to back, and I couldn't help taking out my key-blade. "Really?!"

"Haha! Don't worry your pretty little heart (Y-n)-x, I'll take care of them for us!" Xigbar smirked over his shoulder, then jumped to the air. I watched with my jaws slacked as he seem to levitate in the air. He aimed his weapons, then sent a flurry of arrows at the heartless, not once missing or hitting me. I was impressed at his speed, and how well he aimed at them. The heartless released the hearts they carried, and they flew to the skies. I wondered how they were captured in the first place. I suppose that would have to be answered another day.

When Xigbar landed back on the ground, I rushed to his side. "How did you do that?!"

"They don't call me the sharpshooter for nothing." Xigbar grinned as he dusted off his hands.

"I see that now! And how you stood in the air, you're able to manipulate gravity or something? What other abilities do you have?" I asked as I followed him.

Xigbar chuckled, patting my head. "Curious, aren't we?"

I pouted, then swatted his hand away. "Well, I thought it was pretty cool." I stopped when Xigbar suddenly stood in front of me, leaning down to my level. He really enjoys getting in my personal space. I blushed at the smirk he was giving me. "What is it?"

"I want to take you somewhere after our mission. Got time?"

I blinked at his request. Where would he possibly wanted to take you? Nonetheless, you were curious. "Uh, sure?"

Xigbar grinned wide and hopped away. "Great! Let's finish quickly then!" I watched him go, then shook my head at his sudden burst of energy. 'Only him...'

"Master, I have a bad feeling about this..." Chirithy appeared briefly and whispered in my shoulder.

"Chirithy..." I turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"It's just a feeling I have. Be careful!" They quickly poofed away, leaving me with uneasy thoughts.

-X-

After we, Xigbar mostly, completed the mission, Xigbar once again carried me through the dark portal to our next destination. Despite the constant darkness sending bad vibes toward me, and Xigbar holding me tighter and closer than before, I was curious about what Xigbar wanted to do. Did he only want to spend time with me or something? I knew I was going to find out eventually, but I had to think about something other than the random whisper I heard just now.

"Was that you, Xigbar?" I asked him.

Xigbar briefly glanced my way. "What was?"

"That whisper."

"I haven't said anything." He replied. I nearly groaned. 'What the heck? First it's claws, now it's a whisper? I hate this place.'

When we finally left the darkness, Xigbar placed me down in the deserts of the badlands. I looked around, all the more curious and wary in why he brought me here. Especially with all these key-blades around. They were familiar, and a feeling of nostalgia filled my chest. "Wait, is this place...?"

Xigbar walked a few feet, spreading his arms. "Welcome to the key-blade graveyard!" He turned to me, grinning innocently. "This is where I decided to meet everyone a while ago. Thought it would be memorable, you know?"

"What-? Where did all these key-blades come from?" I asked him, feeling my heart beat quicken. 'What happened here?! Where are their owners?' It was then Chirithy appeared again. "Chirithy-!"

"Master! It isn't your time to know about this place! We should leave!" They hopped on the ground, looking around uneasily.

"What are you-?" I blinked when Xigbar suddenly snatched up Chirithy, who squealed. "Hey! Put them down!"

"Look at this furry little thing! When were you going to introduce me?" Xigbar gave me a playful grin, holding the Chirithy out of reach. "Chirithy was it? I already knew, but that's besides the point. What ya mean (Y/n)-x isn't ready to know about what happened here? She's the time traveler, she's going to learn about it eventually. Might as well let her know now..." Xigbar chuckled when Chirithy gave him a glare.

I stared at them, bringing my arms back to my side. "What happened here?"

"Master, please-!" Chirithy frowned at me, before being launched in the air.

"Oh my go-!" I gasped, ready to catch him. When he was suddenly redirected into my arms. The action surprised me. 'Xigbar can manipulate space?' Chirithy landed in my arms with an 'ooph', and I glared at Xigbar. "Why did you do that for?!"

"You did wanted to know what other abilities I had..." He shrugged, though he didn't try to hide the smirk on his face.

"Master, please, let's leave!" Chirithy seem to beg, as they held onto my cloak. I frowned at them, then glanced at Xigbar. He smiled knowingly my way, and I hated how torn I felt. I wanted to know what happened here, yet Chirithy was persistent about us leaving.

Noticing my distress, Xigbar turned away with a sigh. "I'll give ya a hint: You died here."

"WHAT?"