Back to the Badlands (Unedited)

"huh?" My face once again blushed red, and I pushed off of him. "What?! What are you saying?!"

Young Xehanort nearly chuckled as he stood. "Your talents are much needed and helpful, (Y/n)-x. Wouldn't you like to help?"

I huffed, crossing my arms. "Not you..." I mumbled under my breath.

He gave me an amused smile, to my annoyance. "And here I thought we were friends."

I sighed, scratching my head. "Let's say I'll help you: What would you ask of me?"

"I simply need help remembering something." He replied, stepping closer to me. He gave me a coy smile as he leaned close. 'He really doesn't understand personal space!'

"I promise, I will give you the hint then."

"The hint..." I repeated. I wondered for a moment, if I still wanted to learn of my death. I still feel empty or numb at the thought. Or maybe I still can't believe I've actually died before. Makes me wonder of my past as well. Thinking about it now, it reminded me of how much Chirithy is actually hiding from me. I sighed. "Fine, what is it exactly that you need help remembering?"

Young Xehanort smiled happily. "You're a time traveler, (Y/n)-x. You can simply take me there."

I frowned a little. "I've, never actually tried something like that before. Taking someone to their distant memory? Never done it. Is that even possible-?" Watching him give me an obvious smile had me raising my brows. "It is?!"

"Oh (Y/n)-x, you're truly endearing." He chuckled, reaching out to my hair. His fingers grabbed a lock, twirled it in his fingers before letting go. A shiver went through me as I blushed. "Of course it's possible. There is nothing you can't do without imagination, and your key-blade."

I cleared my throat, stepping away from him. "Yeah well, some things don't work with just those."

"You're right, you need more." He grinned to himself. I raised a brow, but he shook his head. "That aside. Here, hold my hand." He offered his hand, and I took it. "Now, close your eyes, and I will do the same. I will think of the memory, and all you have to do, is travel. Simple enough?"

"We'll see." I sighed, closing my eyes. I felt my key-blade appear in my hand, and it glowed as brightly as usual.

After the brief moment of light travel, I opened my eyes, and gasped. "Here?!"

Here I was again, in the badlands. Xehanort chuckled at my reaction. "Memorable, isn't it?"

I was going to say something, as thoughts of learning about my death came to mind, when he pulled on my hand. I've forgotten I was still holding his hand. "Um, are you gonna-?"

"No, I want to hold you a little longer." I made a face, when he looked over his shoulder. "Think of it as a way for us to stay in this memory."

I wanted to sigh again, but I decided to focus on the structures some distance away. There was a total of 12 pillared rocks, towering above us in the distance. It reminded me of the white meeting room back in their world. As I admired the near desert view, Young Xehanort stopped us behind some rocks, staring ahead. I followed his gaze, blinking at the 2 figures sitting beside each other on a rock.

One of them was, "Xehanort?" I gasped.

Young Xehanort smiled, not turning away. "Yes, it was here where I met him. But here, at this time, was when I came to a realization. That the world needed me."

"What?" I glared at him. Why on earth would he think he was needed in this world? I'm pretty sure this world could survive great without beings of darkness roaming about. "What are you talking about? You literally on the side of darkness, which last I checked, was literally the enemy of light, who are trying to keep this world balanced and in peace-"