Badlands to The World that Never Was (Unedited)

Xigbar gave me a side-glance, watching curiously at my shocked face. My eyes lost focus on him, as they trailed over to the abandoned key-blades. I died...? How did I...? My mind went blank. I couldn't even process the words. My heart sped up, my mind teased me with blurry images, before it began to hurt and they disappeared. Even my powers felt like they faltered at the realization. The power I feel everyday, every moment of my life, seem to froze and flicker in my veins.

I repeated myself below a whisper, "....What?"

"Stop it! She isn't ready!" Chirithy hopped between us, worried at my state, and glaring at Xigbar. They pulled on my cloak again. "Please Master, let's leave! You aren't ready to know what happened in your past life..."

"Maybe." Xigbar shrugged. "But that doesn't change she won't know eventually. I'm just pulling the tooth sooner, you know?"

I picked up Chirithy before they could retort. "Master?"

I gave them a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm ok. We'll talk about this some other time, alright?" When Chirithy nodded and disappeared, I glanced at Xigbar, whose eyes were wide. I was sure he wasn't expecting me to be so calm. "Is this all you wanted to show me? If so, let's head back."

Xigbar blinked, before smiling to himself. "Yeah, that's all. Let's head back." When he held out his hand, I took it calmly, not even flinching at the dark portal that appeared. 'I don't know what to feel right now.'

-X-

When we returned to headquarters, Roxas, Xion and Axel were in the lounge. They looked up, eyes bright and happy to see me, when they noticed me in Xigbar's arms. Axel was the first to speak. "Wait, why are you-?"

"The dark portals aren't use to me yet." I gave them a sheepish smile, as Xigbar placed me down. I turned to the man, grateful for his services. "Thanks for the ride, and for telling me what you told me earlier."

Xigbar merely gave a nod, before leaving without a word. I wondered what was on his mind, since he always have something to say, when suddenly Xion came into view. "(Y/n)-x! Are you free?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I think so?" I smiled when she did. Suddenly there was a bark in the background.

"Don't even think about running off again!"

I merely groaned when Saix stomped toward our group. Axel stood in front of us, shielding us from the nearly berserk member. "What's up with you? She just got back from a mission."

Saix glared at Axel, and Roxas stood closer to my side. "She needs to report to lord Xemnas, after her failed mission with me."

"Oh that..." I chuckled sheepishly to myself. 'I completely forgot about that.'

Axel rolled his eyes, waving him off. "Come on, it's not like she could've completed the mission with you going berserk on her. Is Lord Xemnas even available right now?"

"Oh, he had his schedule wide open for her." Saix growled as he glanced at me. I nearly blushed. Xemnas certainly wanted to torture me in his own way.

"Can't she come with us for a while? It won't take long, and we can take her to Lord Xemnas ourselves." Roxas pleaded.

Saix glared at him next. "This is Lord Xemnas's orders. She's coming with me now."

I sighed, then stopped the boys from saying anymore. "It's ok guys, let me get this over with. I'll meet you at the usual spot?"

Axel and Roxas glanced at each other worriedly, before Xion took my hands in hers. "We'll be there. We'll see you soon, ok?"

I smiled kindly. Her eyes remind me so much of Namine and Kairi. "You got it." The trio watched me leave with Saix out the lounge, before heading out to their meeting spot.

As Saix and I traveled alone, I sneaked glances at him from time to time. With no one around, he seemed at ease. I wondered why. "Sai-"

"Don't. Save it for later." Saix grumbled. I quickly shut my mouth. 'Well, darn. Does he even know what I was gonna ask?'

Saix raised his hand and a portal formed before him. He looked over his shoulder at me. "Let's go."

I merely nodded, following him inside. Once again, the atmosphere was trying to push me away. Although, I did not feel the oppression or despair of this place as much as before. Probably learning I died in my past life has something to do with it. I gulped when my heart and lungs seem to clam up. With that in mind, I was a little surprised when the atmosphere seem to lighten around me. What if having bad thoughts helps with traveling through here? I focused on my negative emotions, and point proven, it was much easier to walk through here. Even my cloak stopped swaying at some invisible wind. A thought came to my mind. What negative thoughts go through Xion or Roxas? And Axel too?

Before I can think more on it, light shone at the end, and we emerged into the throne room. Saix led me to the middle, before leaving me alone in the white room. I made a face. 'Where did he go? And where is-?'

"Looking for me?" A whisper tickled my ear, and I squeaked at the warm breath on my skin. I turned to glare at Xemnas, when my eyes widened seeing Young Xehanort instead. He smirked slightly, his hands held behind his back. "It's good to see you again."

"Xehanort..." I rubbed my ear he breathed on as I stepped away. "Where is Xemnas?"

He raised a brow. "Are you really curious about where he is? Or about some news you've learned recently?"

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you know of what news I learned recently?"

He shrugged lightly. "I wouldn't know, I'm no time traveler. However, I do know whenever you travel, you learn something new." He smiled a knowing smile, as he turned away.

I blinked. For a moment, my heart sped up. The feeling came back again. The feeling of my powers faltering in my veins. I ignored it, wanting to know what happened all of a sudden. Reaching out and grabbing his shoulder, his eyes widened a little when I suddenly stood close to his face. "You know how I died?"

Young Xehanort merely stared back into my eyes, not even flinching at my words. "Is that what you learned?"

'He knows something, I know he does!' I held both his shoulders, lightly squeezing. "Tell me what you know."

"I don't know anything. But I'm sure you'll find out who does." Xehanort smiled quietly.

I glared, to his amusement. "I know you know something! Tell me-!" I stepped forward, only to step on my cloak and trip onto him. Apparently Young Xehanort lost his balance as well, and we end up on the ground together.

I felt Xehanort chuckle beneath me, as I raised my hand to rub my chin. What a peculiar position we were in. "Oh (Y/n)-X, you have no idea what I know..." He wrapped an arm around my waist, causing me to blush. "But, I can give you a hint in who you should ask for answers. If, and only if, you help me with something else."

He grinned at my red face. He was holding me against him, and I couldn't crawl out from his grip. "What do you want?"

Young Xehanort grew closer, our noses touching. "I want, you."