Quadratum (Unedited)

I opened my eyes slowly, giving them time to focus, before jolting off the ground. "I'm alive-?!" I burst out, looking over my form. I wasn't transparent anymore. I tried summoning my keyblade, but my chest tightened when I couldn't. "What's happening?"

I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. "It'll be ok, hang in there... Answers will come, they always do." After some small meditation, I looked around. I was surrounded by skyscrapers, towering above me underneath a dark sky. I almost felt intimidated from the scenery, I have never traveled to a place like this before. Everything was new, the structures were nothing I was used to. It almost reminded me of the world that never was, only a different atmosphere. It wasn't empty. But I still wondered; What is going on? What timeline is this? Where am I?

I took another deep breath. I thought of calling Chirithy, but if I couldn't call my keyblade, it was possible I couldn't call them either. I was literally on my own. I nearly frowned, but decided to take things one step at a time. I began to walk around the buildings surrounding me, trying to figure out if I was in a new timeline, or same from any of my friends I've met in my journeys. The atmosphere wasn't like home. I felt no light, but it wasn't like it wasn't here. The same for darkness. "Where am I?"

"You're back, but not at your appointed time." A voice sounded from afar. 

I turned around, looking for the voice. I really thought I was on my own. I did not expect, nor felt another's presence around. "Who are you? Where are you?"

"You know how to find me." They replied.

I made a face. Their words were familiar, though it bothered me how they knew what I was going to do next. As a time traveler, I was given certain powers that normal keyblade users don't have. I closed my eyes, summoning the light within me. My form glowed and brightened in the dark city, before bursting in waves across the streets and up the buildings. 'There!'

High in the sky, on top of a skyscraper towering over others, was a form watching me silently in the night. With a step, I teleported behind the figure, eyeing them suspiciously. Their silver hair flowed gently from the light breeze, as they turned around to face me. I blinked. "Rik-No, who are you?"

The boy, almost resembling the Riku I met briefly, stood there watching me. He studied me for a moment, tilting his head without a word. As he did that, I did the same. He wasn't Riku. His eyes were different, more resolved. His presence was different too, and I felt my heart ache at the sight of him. He was powerful, the aura I alone could see was almost like mine. The thought made my heart race for a moment. 

"I see you don't remember me." He said, crossing his arms. 

"What?" I gasped. "I-I don't know, I don't remember-"

"I know you don't. You shouldn't be back here yet." He walked towards me. "However, we are to meet here when the time comes." 

He stood before me, as I clutched Aqua's gift in my hand. I pulled it out, feeling reassurance as I held it. He glanced at it for a brief moment. "We're supposed to meet here? But, who are you? How do you know me, and not even... me?" I looked away from his intense gaze, looking down at my charm. I was saddened again at the fact that I didn't know who I was. The charm glowed briefly in the direction of the boy. 

He sighed, gently taking my hand in his own. "You won't remember. You aren't suppose to be here yet." He rubbed a thumb over my hand, causing me to blush. "You're still dreaming, a part of you is still back there." 

"What do you mean?" I asked, holding his hand back. He was unfazed by my sudden reaction, but the way he stared at me, he seemed used to it. "Please, tell me. I just witnessed something-I, I want to know what I can't remember. I'm-I'm-"