The Beginning in the Past (not edited)

Your friends walked you to the Master's office, chatting about varies things you didn't pay attention to. You were too focused on the images repeating in your head. All of your friends disappearing into the darkness. Was it because of you? Because you cared too much? Or because of your existence in their lives? And you can't summon the key-blade now. For as long as you can remember, you were always able to summon it. Maybe it didn't want to appear for you. You sighed and frowned at your thought, when Gula grabbed your attention. "Huh?"

"We're here." He motioned to the door before you.

"Oh, right! Thanks everyone!" You nodded happily to them. They glanced at each other, wondering what was on your mind, but didn't question it. You were grateful for that. 

When you entered the office, you closed the door behind you. Your chirithy appeared beside you, lending his support. You were going to thank them when the Master appeared out of nowhere. "(Y/n)!"

"Master!" You flinched, even Chirithy freaked out and disappeared in a puff of smoke. He stood before you, then reached out to pat your head. You pouted. "Why did you do that? You scared Chirithy away!"

"Because you look so down! I couldn't help wanting to cheer you up a bit." He replied. You smiled a little, until he murmured, "However, I'm disappointed in you."

Your eyes widened a little as he turned away. He walked back to his desk, sitting at his chair and crossing his arms. "You went and did THAT out there. After you promised not to do it too..."

"W-what do you mean?" You panicked a little. didn't you travel to the past? How would he know what you did?

He glanced at you. "You know what I mean." When you still looked confused, even when you knew deep in your heart what he meant, he continued. "You can't summon the key-blade right? It's because you're weak right now. You went and used that power on someone in the past and now you're tied to them in a way. Not a good thing at all." 

You looked down at your feet in shame. You knew using that technique was a bad idea, but you didn't mean to hurt Zexion. You didn't think that incident was suppose to happen in his life before you came along. So, you're just weak. The key-blade isn't showing because it didn't want to, it's because you're weak. Wasn't much of a relief. "What's going to happen now? Am I not able to travel anymore?"

"Hmm, no, no... You'll be able to travel again. However, it'll be a while since the key-blade is resting now." The master replied, opening his book of prophesies. "Just get some rest, remember not to do it again."

You looked up. You couldn't believe that was all he had to say. "That isn't all, right?" The master slowly glanced at you. His dark hood made him look more ominous, giving you a chill. "Ava mentioned you were going to teach me the forbidden technique."

"That's what I told them to tell you." He waved my concern away, turning back to the book. "I never taught you that technique, you already knew how to use it because of the key-blade. But, you promised never to use it."

"If that's the case, who did I make that promise to?" You asked. "I thought you taught me that technique, and I promised you not to do it, then who-?"

"The key-blade." He replied. "You promised the key-blade you wouldn't use that healing ability. For reasons only you know, you promised it you would remember."

"Remember?" You were confused. You knew the key-blade had a mind of it's own, even feelings too. But remember what exactly?

The Master turned to you. His voice sounded surprised. "(Y/n), don't tell me, not only did you break your promise, did you also forget the consequences?"

'Consequences?!' You began to panic. What consequences was he talking about?

When you didn't respond, the master shook his head. "Poor girl, she's forgetting..."

"Forgetting what?" You asked. Breaking a promise was bad enough as it is. It could lead one to continue breaking promises. What else was the master hiding? Or you forgetting?

"Master!" Your Chirithy appeared over your shoulder. "Please, let's take a break. You should rest!"

"Chirithy, but..." You frowned. You had no idea what was going on. Were you forgetting something? What consequences was the master talking about? Without the key-blade, you couldn't time travel to find out on your own. 

"I agree! Get some rest, (Y/n). I think you need it after what you're going experience later on." The master waved you off and went back to his book.

You stared at his back in exasperation. Really now, when you really need his guidance, he's leaving you to yourself.

-X-

"Master! Why don't we visit the others? I'm sure they'll cheer you up!" Your Chirithy ran beside you as you walked towards the hill overlooking the clock tower. "Do you wish to see Luxu? I think he's there today!"

"It's been a while, I thought I should. He always preferred this spot." You smiled to yourself.

"I'll go on ahead and let him know you're coming!" You thanked your Chirithy as he disappeared, then went back to your thoughts.

The hillside was peaceful, the breeze felt wonderful as it flowed through your robes. You sat by the ledge, staring at the large structure in the distance. You wondered if the consequences the master mentioned was you forgetting your past-

"My past-!" You gasped, jolting up to your feet. Now that you think about it, you don't know about your past. When you try to think back, your mind comes up blank. You don't even know if you have parents, a home before becoming a key-blade master, childhood friends or anything. Was that what the master meant?

You were brought out of your thoughts when you felt a hand on your shoulder. "(Y/n)?"

"Luxu!" You quickly hugged his form. He was startled, but he returned your hug. "I missed you."

"I... I missed you too." You could tell he was blushing in his hood. "Are you okay? You seemed lost in thought."

"I feel better." You moved away with a gentle smile. For some reason, it felt really reassuring to have him here with you. Your heart swelled at being at his side. "It's really good to see you."

He turned away in embarrassment. "It's good to see you too."

You smiled merrily and sat down. You patted the spot beside you, and he sat down. "How have you been Luxu?"

"I've been good. But, what about you? You seem really down." Luxu glanced at you.

You shook your head. "It's not like I can talk about it anyway." To his surprise, you came closer and rested your head on his shoulder. "Just having a hard time right now."

Luxu glanced back at the tower. "Ok. I'm here if you need anything."

"Thank you, Luxu." You whispered. You closed your eyes, enjoying his company, whilst he enjoyed the view. As you quietly listened to the wind, you thought you faintly heard someone call out to you.