Daybreak Town to The World that Never Was

The next day, you went to visit Aced at his usual spot at the warehouse. You decided to visit Invi after this, then travel to another world. As you would have expected, Aced was surprised to see you there. You smiled when he stood from a crate to greet you. "Morning Aced."

"Morning, (Y/n). What brings you here?" He asked.

"I'm not allowed to visit my friend?" You smiled innocently, jumping unto a crate.

He looked to the side, lips parted in thought. "Well..."

You tilt your head. You hadn't seen him since he declared for alliances. You wondered if he would dare to ask you. You watched him a moment longer, when he turned to you. By the looks of it, he was determined about something. "(Y/n), I'm sure you already know."

"Maybe, what about it?" You held your hands over your lap, watching him carefully.

He took a deep breath. "I won't ask you to join me, for I know where you stand in your situation. But I have to ask, would you have joined me?"

He stared back at your (f/c) (f/a) mask with hope twinkling in his eyes. Your fingers twitched, before you held your hands tighter. How could you answer that question? You didn't want to let him down, nor let him think he was on his own. Before you could answer, your keyblade flashed into your hands. You both stared at the blade in surprise, as it threatened in its own way, to take you away. Did it sense your troubled thoughts and wanted to help somehow?

Aced nearly grunted, then clenched his fists. "I'm sorry for putting you on the spot, (Y/n). I forgot how sensitive your key-blade is. It truly has a mind of its own."

You frowned slightly, then stood off the crate. He watched you stand before him, then flinched when you gently took his hand. "(Y/n)...?"

"Aced, I don't think you're wrong, or tainted by darkness." You declared after a moment. "You just think differently, and have your own opinion. I would understand why you would form alliances."

"Then, you-"

You shook your head, stopping him. "But let me just say this: just because the master isn't here, doesn't mean his teachings have changed. He forbid us from forming alliances, because of an imbalance of power. However, I am wondering why you would form alliances, when everyone is already out to fight against the darkness. What makes you think we don't have a sort of alliance right now?"

Aced opened his mouth, but stopped mid-breath. You thought hopefully you got him thinking for a while, before he tries something else that may cause a misunderstanding. You squeezed his hand, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Aced, I'm glad you think we all need to come together to fight the darkness. That we should work as one instead of facing it alone. This shows you're not tainted by darkness."

He smiled a little, but said nothing else. You glanced towards the window, watching the sun shine brighter into the room. "Well, I'm going to travel again today. I'll see you later." You went to the entrance, when he called out to you.

"Wait, (Y/n)!" When he grabbed your attention, he gave you a full smile. "Thank you. I'm glad you were here today."

You smiled with a giggle. "Aw Aced! That's so sweet of you!"

"Huh? H-hey!" He gawked when you tackled his waist. "What are you doing?!"

"Giving you a bear hug silly!" You giggled again. He was fun to tease as well.

"I don't need hugs!" He grabbed your arms, gently trying to get you to let go of him.

You looked past his chest, peaking at his red cheeks behind his mask. He was looking everywhere else, but you. You smiled happily. "I'm glad I was here too, Aced. Let's talk more often, I like talking with you."