CH-14 The Battle of the Beast's Forest

Jiro's POV
Me and the other girls didn't spend much longer in the hot springs and went to our rooms where we then encountered Mina again. She had left earlier than the rest of us to ask Izuku on a date and I was internally panicking on his response, she was so much better than me in every way that I was worried that he'd break up with me for her.
"Hey girls, what took you so long?" Mina said with a big grin on her face.
"Oh we just wanted to soak for a little longer. Anyway enough about us. How did it go?" Toru replied
"Well, it went 'VERY' well" She said with a quick glance in my direction. Oh no, did he actually choose her over me. A frown formed on my face but nobody noticed because Uraraka was starting to get noticeably upset.
"Huh, what's up with Uraraka?" Mina asked
"Oh you weren't there at the time. Uraraka confessed that she has a crush on Midoriya" Yaomomo added.
"Hah I was just kidding. He didn't actually say yes". Oh thank god, I guess I shouldn't have worried about it. The only problem now is Uraraka. We then went to sleep for the night with all my worries about Izuku slowly disappearing.

We woke up the next day at 5am, we all wanted to get back to sleep but Mr Aizawa insisted that we get up early to start our training. We all had individual training methods, I was honing my earphone jacks by constantly using my quirk on the cliff at the campsite. Whenever I took a quick break I looked over to where Izuku was, his training was a lot tougher than mine as he was training with Tiger who seemed really intense. Izuku was getting hit all over the place, I couldn't tell if Izuku was training or if he was Tiger's punching bag. By the end of the day we were all exhausted, we could barely move our bodies but the Pussycats insisted that we cook our own food. Nobody in either class could be bothered but Ilda insisted that we give it our all as caring for someone from a disaster is a part of hero duties and this helps with that.

This intensive routine continued for the next 3 days, nothing changing just train, cook, sleep, repeat. However on our 5th day we got a good surprise, after our training that day we would do a test of courage throughout the forest. One class would set themselves up around the route to scare the groups of two from the other class who come around. I wasn't the best with anything scary but it seemed like fun, a way to relieve the stress we've been dealing with since coming here from our training.

It was the end of the day and we went to the outskirts of the forest to compete in this test of courage. It was decided that class 1-B would start out as the 'scarers' whilst class 1-A would be going around in twos. Those who failed the final exam however weren't going to participate, this was Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sato and Sero. They were really disappointed, all of them were excited for this as they called 'TOTALLY AWESOME TEST OF COURAGE' but they couldn't participate as they had failed their exam. We drew lots to see who we would be paired up with, I was with Toru which wouldn't be too bad. At least I wasn't with the angry demon or the pervert. I looked around to find Izuku to see who he'd be paired with, hoping it wasn't Uraraka, only to see that he was on his own. I walked up to him as he was shaking and repeating the same thing over and over again.
"I'm on my own, I'm on my own..."
"Dude chill out, it's just a walk through the forest" I told him.
"R-Really, but I'm a-alone. Actually if I remember correctly you don't like these things either"
"Yeah but it won't be too bad. I'll be with Toru"
"Yeah and I'm alone. Do you understand now?"
"Oh, right. You'll be fine, if you get scared just scream so I can sit back and enjoy your suffering" I winked at him and giggled slightly. I could tell he was irritated but his fear was more prominent, he then just sighed and walked off.
"Hey don't just walk away"
"Why, so you can keep teasing me? I'm too tired for this, can you wait till after the training camp at least, for me"
"Ugh, fine". I then walked back over to Toru and waited for our turn.

Not too long later me and Toru were up, we started walking through the forest paranoid that someone would pop out at any moment. We encountered multiple scares whilst walking through the forest, we were close to half way through when we saw something weird.
"Hey Toru what's that?"
"I-I don't know..." A pink gas had started to consume the forest whilst smoke with blue flames erupted nearby. The gas approached us and before we could do anything everything started to go black...