CH-38 Preparing For War

Midoriya's POV
Once I entered my room I sat down on my bed with my head in my hands, I was trying to think about a way I could tell everyone or if I even should. Telling everyone would just worry them unnecessarily causing some panic, I eventually decided that I wouldn't tell anyone but I still had to come up with a lie as they knew that something was wrong. I knew that I wouldn't be able to lie to Kyoka though so planned on telling her the truth whenever she asked, and I didn't have to wait long.
"Hey Izu" She softly said as she entered my room.
"Hey Kyo" I replied.
"So, you gonna tell me what that was about?" She asked.
"Yeah, but you can't tell anyone else. Got it" I insisted.
"Sure"
"Right, well. Shigaraki is somehow getting All for One's quirk so he can steal my quirk I believe. The only thing I know for sure is that he has an army of over 100,000 villains spread across the country" I explained briefly.
"Wait, so you will be targeted once he gets the quirk?" She questioned.
"Yes, which is why the heroes are planning on a preemptive strike" I answered.
"You'll be careful, won't you?" She asked with a hint of sadness.
"Of course, besides it's my job to stop All for One. If Shigaraki has his quirk then I will stop him, I won't die because I have to stop him" I reassured.
"Good, but don't go overboard" She requested.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine" I said giving her a kiss. We talked about anything other than the league and this potential war until it was around 10pm, Yaoyorozu had brought Eri up to her room for us and we went to sleep not long after that.

I woke up at 5am so I could get ready for my work study with Mirko, I carefully got out of bed as to not wake Kyoka up and got changed into my hero costume. I had told Kyoka that I was going for my work study in the morning so I didn't have to leave a note saying where I was, I went downstairs and grabbed a snack before heading off to meet up with Mirko. It took me about 20 minutes to get to where I was to meet Mirko and I arrived early, I waited on the rooftop for her but kept an eye out for any disturbances.

Mirko showed up a few minutes later landing on the rooftop right next to me.
"Hey kiddo, you doing alright?" She asked.
"Yeah I'm alright" I replied.
"Well, lets get going then. I need to whip you into shape for what's to come" She said whilst smirking.
"Alright, lets go then" I said returning the smirk. We rushed across the city looking for every villain committing a crime, I sometimes noticed some before Mirko thanks to danger sense. None of the villains we faced were strong, with One for All at 40% I could keep up with Mirko and take down most villains with one kick. However I did push myself to 45% whilst jumping between rooftops, this allowed me to train to handle a higher percentage whilst not compromising me in battle. I got a handle on it pretty quickly and it didn't hurt anymore to use it constantly or in battle, all of the training I did in school with Kacchan payed off.

I was running alongside Mirko across the city but I looked to my side and noticed that I was pushing ahead of her, I stopped on the next rooftop and waited a couple of seconds for her to catch up.
"Why are you slowing down? You usually run on ahead to push me further" I asked.
"Kid, you've already gotten faster than me. I can't keep up with you anymore. You have surpassed me in speed" She said.
"Ha, very funny. Lets just go, and don't try to act slow" I said thinking that she was joking.
"Kid, I don't think you realise how fast you've gotten. You just ran a mile in a few seconds, and a single leap was over a hundred metres" She explained. I looked at her in shock not realising how much my power had grown.
"Woah, I didn't even realise" I said shocked.
"I think you will need to pull your power back slightly, not just so that I can keep up but because you're kind of destroying the ground whenever you leap" She suggested.
"Oh, I guess I'm stronger than I thought. I'll keep the power down to 40% whilst running around out here and adjust my power for my opponents" I said.
"Good, now lets go" She said whilst jumping away. I quickly caught up and adjusted my power to match her speed, we fought a lot more villains and I learnt to continuously change my power output so I wouldn't damage the buildings or road whilst fighting. It was also so that I wouldn't hurt the villains too much when fighting them, the weak ones are quite fragile so I couldn't use all of my current power on them as they could get seriously injured.