Chapter 4: You're Safe

"Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit." You repeated to yourself, almost as if to keep grounded in such a high situation. Because in all honesty... were you allowed to fly this high here?

If you can recall, you never did see any 'civilians' with the ability to fly just cruising the skies. Only Heroes.

You really needed to familiarize yourself with the laws here. This was a shit situation just waiting to happen.

And confirming that, you looked over to your side to still see that brilliant crimson feather gliding beside you.

You made the sudden decision to get the hell out of the sky as you tucked your wings and dove straight down.

The G force rumbled your insides, and you struggled to see clearly due to the sharp wind piercing those orbs of yours. 

You may have been fast... but you truly did not know if you were as fast as Hawks. He was a Pro Hero for a reason... and you were still unsteady in your own wings. Technically this was your very first flight! Technically - overall you didn't know what the hell you were doing anyway!

You also couldn't hear a damn thing, so if someone or even something were to come up on you - you wouldn't have time to even react because of the lack of sound. Is that one of the reasons why Hawks wore his headphones? Noted.

You didn't even take into any consideration on where you exactly were, you just wanted to be on solid ground so that you may avoid any trouble.

As the asphalt began to come into view, you quickly extended your wings out to slow your decline.

The strain on your feathers ripped through your back. You weren't used to such maneuvers, and you felt it. The sky was truly relentless.

And not knowing how to properly land - you basically tucked and rolled.

You grit your teeth as you collided with the ground on your side; tucking your wings close to you to avoid any damage to them.

You finally skid to a stop as you jumped up - whilst ignoring the pain and dirt that trailed from your leg, and to your neck.

Your wings faded away as you patted your clothes - impressed that you suffered no road rash... but you were going to be sore.

Still trying to brush the trails of debris from you, you then had a chance to look around your surroundings.

You didn't see Hawks' red feather that was following you - that was good. But what wasn't good - was the building that stood before you... you recognized it instantly. And at that point - you welcomed that crimson feather that was following you over this 'abandoned' place.

The depleted warehouse building had definitely seen better days. Even better than the day that it was used to manufacture and store Nomus.

How the heck did you end up way the hell out here?!

You were so consumed in your own emotional thoughts that you failed to even pay attention to where you were going. You put yourself in this situation - no excuses.

You inhaled deeply, the sounds of the busy streets were nearby, and yet seemed so far away. This place was obviously avoided - even within a 4 block radius - it seemed so dark and quiet here.

You just stood there, half in a daze - and half trying to figure out how this timeline was going. But maybe that's just it... you needed to stop thinking of this world as the anime that you watched on your television. This was real... and everything wasn't going to be the same, right?

But your train of thoughts were soon disrupted by the faint footsteps that seemed to be approaching from your side.

Your gut twisted, and your instincts screamed at you. Something wasn't quite right.