Chapter 18: (Part Two) Heroes Gala

Hawks led you away from the party, only for him to push open a door and guide you in.

When you stepped inside, you had to adjust your eyes to the dim lighting. And when you finally gained focus, your jaw just about dropped to the floor.

The ancient looking library was a stunning structure to behold.

You let go of your hold on Hawks' arm as you practically stumbled forward - your wide eyes trying to take in every detail of the archaic architecture.

It was two stories high - with a thin spiraling staircase leading up to the second balcony.

The faded yellow wall lights blended with the dim red ones - creating a warm ambience.

The massive stone fireplace ignited with a welcoming fire; as the flames crackled and danced upon the gravel texture around it.

The soft red carpet cushioned your every step as you neared the small wooden tables that lined the room. And the 3-headed brass candle holders gleamed against the flickering flames of the candles they held.

And the books... thousands of books were stacked neatly on their shelves - on full display for anyone lucky enough to even open up their pages.

Hawks watched you with a lopsided grin - as he removed his visors from his face to get a better view of you. You were in complete awe with what was around you. He knew that you liked to read... seeing the times he flew over your place to check on you. You always had a book in your face.

"This historic Library has been around for a long time..." Hawks started as he began to walk towards you. "I would come here to get away at times. It's relaxing."

Your back was still facing him as you continued to soak up the wonders around you. "I'm flattered that you would take me to your secluded spot." You looked over your shoulder and graced him with the purest smile. "That's the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet. The different worlds you can encounter are endless. It's definitely relaxing."

Hawks couldn't help but to feel drawn to you even more (if that were possible) as he inched closer to you.

It then began to become marginally darker in the room. The moonlight started to disappear as the faint sound of rain began to thump against the tall arched-shaped windows.

"First you take me to your favorite remote coffee shop-" You chuckled. "And now your relaxing getaway. I'm honored, Hawks. Thank you for..."

But as you turned around, you were cut off mid sentence when you had realized just how close the Pro Hero had been to you from behind - as you practically bumped into him.

You were taken by surprise, and your heart immediately felt like it was going to jump from your chest.

"Call me Keigo." Hawks' voice was tentative and yet humble.

Your mouth hung open, as you couldn't believe that he would entrust you with his real name already.

"T-that's your real name?" You tried to act surprised. Surely you couldn't reply back with - 'I already know'.

"Keigo Takami. Yes. Yes, it's my real name."

"Well... it's safe with me, Keigo."

A low rumble could be heard in the back of Keigo's throat. It was almost as if he were purring after you had said his name.

He then closed his eyes and leaned his head slightly back - relishing in the fact that you now knew that personal part of him.

"Say that again."