Chapter 10: A Prediction

Authors Note: I apologize, but yet mostly a filler chapter. You need to now establish your friendships with those around you. And I promise you - the Hawks fluff is coming very soon! Hawks will definitely make his move :) This story also has a plot and meaning, so take in the details! Also - votes and comments heighten my motivation! So it's appreciated! And thank you for reading! Your journey is about to kick into gear! By the way - I'm also trying to post weekly <3

********************

When you woke the next morning, the colors of Fall started to emerge.

It was almost as if over night that the trees were colored in the shades of autumn - the reds, oranges, and yellows fell from their stems and littered the sidewalks.

The slight overcast also blessed the air with a crisp scent, and you were all about this time of the year.

As you sat yourself on a barstool at your kitchen counter to munch on some breakfast, you flipped on the flat screen television from the remote on the counter.

The floorplan of your penthouse was fairly open, so you had a clear view of the TV from your Livingroom as it echoed throughout the place.

You left it on the news, but the reporter's story instantly caught your attention.

"Sources say that this unknown person has a wingspan as big as the Number 2 Pro Hero, Hawks. What appears to be black and white in color, this individual seems to be wanting to hide their identity."

Blurry photos of your wings were displayed on the screen as you dropped the cup you were sipping from. "Shit! Really? Making headlines again?!"

"No one has ever been seen with wings such as these besides the Number 2. Is this person a Hero that we have yet heard of? Or a Villain? Only time will tell."

You rolled your eyes... apparently you needed to be more careful. You were also being watched now... by the Hero Commission, by Hawks, and probably the League.

You had amazing luck... didn't you? You definitely knew how to fit right in into this world... NOT.

You sighed heavily as you ignored the television and reached for the envelope that Hawks had given to you just last night.

Opening it, you scanned over the letter:

Dear Miss L/N,
After witnessing your skills in recent events, you are thoroughly invited to put those skills to the test - as we see some potential in possibly becoming a Hero.
You will be asked to perform a variety of tests in which we will personally evaluate.
We hope this is of great interest to you, and look forward to seeing you on the provided date, time, and location below to discuss in further detail.
Thank you,
HPSC

You scrolled your eyes further down to the location, time, and date - reading it out loud.

"Location will be at UA High... okay." You confirmed as the excitement rose to your chest. "Says here to meet at the front office first. Date and time..."

You gulped harshly, almost choking on a mouthful of your breakfast fruit as you noticed that the date was today. You were just about to give up on breakfast though. First dropping your cup, and now almost choking.

"Goddamnit, Hawks." You cursed. "Could've given me a forewarning on the date?!"

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have not known... but it still gave you an excuse to give him shit the next time you saw him.

Looking at the time - you definitely had a few hours to spare though... that much you were thankful for.

"Also says here..." You raised the letter up to read the last part. And as you did, you slightly scrunched the paper in your hand as your nerves jumped to your throat.