Chapter 11 (Part Two): Test

You patiently waited in an over glorified lounge room in the heart of UA.

There were only a few others in there with you - all there for the same purpose as you.

To either qualify for UA, or a one-way ticket for an internship with a Pro Hero to become one themselves.

You kept to yourself though, as you sipped on your water bottle; huddled in the back of the space as you listened to the loud buzzing in the room next to yours. A signal of when someone's test began and ended.

Your mind then wandered to the text Hawks had sent to you this morning; wondering what he meant.

Thinking of said text, you pulled your phone out once again - looking at the message.

Bird Man
8:52 AM
"I'll see you soon, Kiddo!"

Was Hawks here? Or was he finally planning on stopping by to visit you?

The man was confusing, and you couldn't wait to tell him that.

But what you didn't know... was that certain Pro Hero was feeling every racing heart beat of yours, as his feather still kept close to you. And him... just in the other room.

********************

The Main Hall consisted of seats and a counter table surrounding an open arena. Though the arena was no bigger than a basketball court, it was still big enough to hold certain academic tests that were frequently held there.

The room was darkened by its ambient lighting as Pro Heroes, UA Faculty Members, members of the Hero Commission, and other Officials sat behind the elongated refectory table that lined the outer lining of the arena.

The constant chatter was of the candidates that had already tested and moved on. So far, none of them were super impressive. Nor had they qualified to move on to the next test.

The first test was to fight against a group of Quirk-using opponents... without using your own Quirk. Which is why Aizawa tested you to the max when you had first arrived at UA.

The second part of the test was to use your Quirk to fight against combat testing robots - also known as, Villain Bots at Ground Beta.

Just about Every Pro Hero sat in this room. Including All Might, the Number 1 - Endeavor, and of course... the Number 2 - Hawks.

The Heroes were made to make an appearance to these events, as they were to choose if a candidate caught their eye. And if so - the Pro Hero would invite to intern with them. Something similar to the Sports Festival. Depending on what said candidate wanted to do.

To no surprise, Hawks sat next to Endeavor, and Aizawa on his other side. The bird-like Hero had his boots up on the table; leaning back into his chair carelessly.

But as he leaned just a tad too far, Hawks' chair began to fall backwards. But the Pro Hero was quick as he flapped his wings to regain his balance; the small gust of wind fanning the Number 1's flames - as he propped his boots back on the table once more.

Endeavor side glared at Hawks - the bird-like Hero chewing on a tooth pick with a smile plastered across his face.

"If one of your feathers even touches me..." Endeavor continued. "I will burn it to a crisp."

"Awe, don't bite my head off, Endeavor." Hawks beamed. "And besides, you should try to lean back and relax some time. It's good for your health, Old Man."

Hawks was just a little too energetic today - mostly because he knew that he would eventually see you. And in action.

For the past month, he would purposely fly over your penthouse just to get a glimpse of you. He would never admit this to you as it was mostly at night. Unfortunately, he never got to see you train within UA. But the feather he had left with you sensed that you were working hard.