Chapter 1 - Wrong Coffee

Emma was running late to work and rushed to get her boss's coffee. Killian Jones was the type of person who would accept expensive items and preferred Starbucks coffee over all others. But today Emma had to get one from Tim Hortons instead of her boss's favourite.

She ran through the office, past all the desks, being careful not to knock over anything or spill the coffee like she did the last time, and knocked on his office door.

"Come in," a male voice called. Emma quickly opened the door and peeked her head in, waiting to be yelled at, but when that didn't happen, she proceeded to walk in. "Sorry, boss; I was so busy last night that I must have slept in; anyway, here's your coffee," she stammered, not really sure why she was so scared of Killian, but she didn't want to fuck things up for him.

Killian took the coffee cup from her before he got a good look at the different brand name. "Tim's?" he asked before adding, "You know I like it from Starbucks." "I know, but I was running late, so I had no time." She explained, "Tim is a lot faster because of the drive-thru and how close it is to my house-"

"You went to the drive-thru instead of making sure they don't spit in this!" he inquired, cutting her off. "Nobody's going to do that; besides, there was traffic, and I wasn't going to get stuck in it any longer, unless you like cold coffee," Emma explained, confused by his strange behaviour.

"Well, here's a better solution," he said as he tossed it in the trash. "You do realise that buying you coffee actually costs me money; you may not realise that because you have daddy's money, but you never pay me back for the coffee." She reminded him, "I have work to do too!" Emma said she was pissed, not realising that this could affect her job.

"I wouldn't talk like that if I were you; just remember that I can fire you." He reminded her before adding his classic eyebrow raise. "Your salary pays for the coffee, so just deal with it." He leaned closer to her before ordering. "Go to Starbucks and get my coffee."
"You are such a child; did you forget to sleep last night or is it naptime?" Emma asked, dumbing down her tone so she'd sound like how older people talk to babies.

"My secretary didn't buy me the right coffee, which I drink to start my day, so yes, I'm going to be pissed," he replied with an attitude. Emma rolled her eyes and started walking off. "Where are you going now?" He asked, annoyed.

"You wanted your stupid Starbucks; I'll get you your stupid Starbucks," Emma responded as she slammed the door behind her.

*Killian's P.O.V*
She left, slamming the expensive door behind her. I was so shocked at her attitude that nobody ever did that to me-not my parents, not my teachers, not my siblings, not my friends, not even my rivals. So what does this make her now? We had a lot of competition in high school, but I hadn't seen her since after college, when she came here for an interview.

My friends always told me she had a crush on me, but I told her we had to be here strictly for business; relationships are not in the contract. And she agreed to it, saying she had never liked me. But Emma was always a bad liar. But I kind of wonder how she feels now.

*Emma's P.O.V*
I slammed my car door shut, screamed, and hit my head on the steering wheel because he is SO ANNOYING and INFURIATING. It's just coffee; I don't know why I still fall for him. I've really got to get me a better man. And of course, my makeup just had to get all runny. I looked like a raccoon. I looked to my left and grabbed the tissue paper, starting to fix my makeup. Jones can wait a bit longer for his stupid caffeine.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A.N: So here is the first part: feedback is appreciated. idc what you have to say I just want to know your opinions

A/N (Edited): so basically I'm kinda doing a rewrite of this story, more with fixing up the grammar or anything potholes that I left because I think it deserves some good editing and I really want to knock this one off of being incomplete