Chapter 18:

Emma walked into Killian's office unannounced, while he was staring at paperwork looking bored out of his mind. He didn't seem to notice Emma's presence until she slammed her hand down on his desk

"We. Need. To. Talk"

"Emma! You're here!" He smiled lighting up
She gave him a look, "Stop that." Glaring at him and rolled her eyes

He decided to ignore her "You're looking lovely today". He got up and sat on his desk so that he was right infront of her "but you always look lovely, right?"

Emma took a deep breath trying to calm her self before she even tried to blow up at him or say anything cruel "Jones, I know that trick, I invented that trick. Don't try and charm me here, got it?"

"Yes ma'am" he mumbled jumping off his desk "okay then, how can I help you? Is this about some recommendation letter? Are you leaving already? Has--"

"Why didn't you tell me that Rogers was the one spying and not you?" She interrupted

"Spying? What spying?" He asked confused

"You know... That time I broke your nose because I saw you looking through a telescope at my window... And then beat you up when I found out the guys at school had photos"

"Oh. That was years ago, I almost forgot it even happened" he said embarrassed

"So, why didn't you try to clear your name?" Emma asked

He shrugged "I don't know... It felt pointless to do so?. I mean, I already got my ass beat for that twice... It would have been worse for being a snitch"

"You could have told me, I would have believed you" she said sincerely

He sighed. "Emma, I felt threatened by you." Emma raised her eyebrow "threatened by me?."

He nodded "you were this beautiful girl that was a mystery, you were so smart, kind, had lots of friends, were part of the school community. You were my competition"

"You thought I was beautiful?" Emma asked

Killian nodded leaning close to her "the most beautiful girl in town"

There faces were inches away from each other's and they had the urge to kiss, REALLY kiss. But those ides were stopped when the door swung open and Rogers walked in with Roni,

The two pulled away from each other fast. Emma hopped on the desk and pretended to flip through a magazine while Killian went back to his seat and sign papers

"Am I missing something?" Roni said crossing her arms

"No!" They both said right away, "we were doing some business in here"

Roni glared at Emma and motioned to the magazine that she was looking through "Isn't that from months ago, when you two used to date?".

Emma looked down at it and threw it across the room when she realized her aunt was right.

"Well… I should get going then." Emma hopped off of Killian's desk. Rogers smiled and held his hand out to her, "well then lass. Let's get going." 

She glanced at Killian for a moment, almost asking him for permission to leave. "You have the rest of the day off Swan" he 'reminded'.

Rogers smiled and took Emma's hand, "let's go Blond Beauty, we've got the whole afternoon together". Emma smiled awkwardly at Rogers "Right…" she turned to Killian "I'll be back tomorrow with your usual" she promised before she left with Rogers quickly.

Killian sighed and sat back in his chair. Roni walked over to the magazine and picked it up, "I need to know… should I be concerned that my fiance still has an old gossip magazine about his future niece?" 

"W-what? No of course not" Killian responded frantically that she'd make it escalate like any other argument. "Well then why do you have it?" She slammed it on his desk. "Killian Jones this does not look like you're over her"

"are you accusing me of something?" He asked 'offended'. "I saw you almost kissed, it's so obvious you both STILL have feelings for each other." Roni rolled up the magazine and lifted it in the air to swat at him

"Woah hold it!" He put his arms up to block her "I don't like her, she hates me. There's nothing to worry about I promise" 

"You just better be making a choice" Roni said pressing her face close to his ear

"Of course my luv" he grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it.