Chapter 2 - The Deal

Emma walked back into Killian's office, putting the coffee cup down on the desk roughly. He looked up at her, seeming to have changed his attitude from earlier. "Thank you, Miss Swan," he said softly, smiling at her. "Oh shut up, you're such a suckup, it's annoying," Emma rolled her eyes annoyed. Killian looked down. "I see you're still mad about the coffee," he sighed.

"You threw a fit over caffeine, it was one coffee change for one day, and you threw a fit," Emma explained, noting that she wasn't normally this way; she was a cheerful, kind-hearted, open-spirited young lady.

"Did you change your makeup?" He asked, noticing her new eyeshadow that she hadn't been wearing earlier.

"No, it's just hard to think when I'm being yelled at over a drug," Emma said, which confused Killian. She rolled her eyes and said, "Caffeine is a drug; do you remember learning that?"

"Right, I thought you meant something else," he said quickly, embarrassed. "Whatever," Emma said as she began to walk away.

"Wait, Emma, let me make it up to you," he called, trying to stop her from leaving. "I don't want a raise in my salary," she huffed, reaching for the door handle.

"Wait, please, I'll take you somewhere," he desperately offered. Emma stopped, letting go of the door handle, and turned to him. "What the hell, Jones?!" "We said no dating or going out."

"Please, I'm seeing my father this weekend for a business thing, and I need a date," he explained. Despite the fact that everything he owned was from his father, Killian was still tremendously terrified of Brennan. And Emma knew that Killian feared Brennan, and she was pissed that he even had the audacity to ask her for help after everything that went through their childhood.

"Do I look like an object to you? I'm your secretary; your father knows me; this isn't going to appeal to him." She pointed this out while crossing her arms to really prove a point.

"Please, I need someone there for me as a friend helping another friend," he said, trying to stop himself from pleading with her. "Jones," she sighed calmly, "we aren't friends."

"I-I know, then it's a secretary helping her boss that she's madly in love with."

Emma was taken aback; he was once again playing with her emotions.She wondered if he was serious for a moment, but then remembered that Killian Jones was a man who was very cocky, full of himself, and always smug about anything and everything."You're insane!"

"What?" he asked smugly. There he was, she thought to herself quietly—the Killian Jones she always knew.

"Jones, I believe you need to understand that the past is the past; I don't love you; I never have and will never love you," Emma said as she began to leave the room.

"I'll buy you a dress!" He shouted desperately. Emma stopped and turned around once more and asked, "What?"

"A nice, fancy, expensive, but fairly formal dress; designer; costume made; please Swan." He pleaded more desperately this time. "I'm begging you; you know how much I despise that," he said.

Emma stared at him down for a few moments before sighing, "I'll go on a few conditions."

"Name your price," he sighed, annoyed.

"One, you will treat me as if I am everything to you; two, you must drive me there and pick me up; and three, we will never discuss this with anyone." Emma listed

"Okay, okay deal," he said, giving in to her rules. "Hold on, Jones. I still have one more condition, and then we can shake on it," Emma said in her most serious tone ever. "What do you mean?" Killian asked, confused, not sure what else Emma could want from this deal; she was already getting a lot out of it.

"Well, you see, my dearest Killian, you tried to embarrass me, so I'm going to do the same with you," the blonde explained, hoping he'd get the idea. He definitely did. "Oh, Swan, please don't!"

"Condition number four, beg me," Emma said with a smile. "What?" he asked, shocked. "Get off your ass, get on your knees, and beg me," Emma said, smiling more.

"N-no! I'd rather lose everything than beg you to be a fake date," he argued. Emma shrugged. "Fine, then no deal."

"Fine, I'll ask the maid downstairs." Killian shrugged back, trying to get her to agree without him doing the begging.

Emma laughed at him smugly. "You know you'll lose everything when Brennan sees her," she taunted. Emma was right, and Killian knew it. Killian sighed. "Tell anyone and you'll get worse than being fired," he warned, rising from his desk and kneeling in front of her.

"Please," he said, sounding very unamused. "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was important to you," Emma said as she crossed her arms.

"I didn't know you had a dark side in you, lass," he said, impressed. "It's called self-respect, now beg."

"Please, Emma, please do this for me; I'll give you a raise; maybe I'll recommend you for a higher position; just please do this for me," he begged, looking like a child.

"Yes, Jones, I'll do this for you."

"Swan!" exclaimed Killian as he jumped up and hugged her tightly. "You're a life savour"

"Okay," Emma chuckled, awkwardly patting his back. Killian broke out of the hug quickly and went back to being professional. "Oh, yeah, well, get back to work."

"Whatever, boss, I'll see you tomorrow for my dress."

"W-what?" he asked, confused. "For my dress made specially for me," she reminded, "I'm sure with your money you can get it done fast."

"R-right right," Killian said as she left the room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: so what do you think about this part?, I also will not be posting THAT frequently since I don't have that much time but I'm not gonna abandoned this page or the stories