Chapter 17:

Ava was helping Emma look for apartments that was at her price range

"You know, you can always bunk with me right?" Ava reminded
"I can't do that" Emma shook her head "I'm a big girl, I can live on my own. Besides you guys need the room for yourselves"

"But we still have a spare, and I'm pretty close to Rogers' I don't mind sharing" Ava promised "and if it makes you feel better you can pay rent, we can turn the basement into an apartment for you"

"Nah, it's fine. Hey! Look, this one is decent"

"Ya but there's a lot of fixing you have to do, new pain, better lighting --"

"Ava I can buy pain, it's not that hard. I can move all my new furniture there too"

"It looks smaller than this one" Ava pointed out

"Does not!"

"Em' if you really want this one, let me help at least with the renovations okay?"

"Fine" Emma groaned "but it might be temporary anyways, I'm getting good money"

"I know, I know" she sighed "so... What happened between you and Killian anyways?"

"Not this again" she closed her computer and went to the couch "mom and dad already tried this"

"They're worried about you" Ava sat down next to her and put her arm around her shoulder "Emma, you were like the top 10 interesting things the news talked about, your face was everywhere"

"And it wasn't even real" Emma whispered "it was all because he feared his father"

"What do you mean it was fake? You two have always liked each other"

Emma scoffed and spoke through her teeth "HE NEVER LIKED ME AVA"

"Yes he did, why do you think Brennan never let him near you?, Why do you think he was always absent after talking with you?"

"Because he was disgusted with himself from interacting with me and he realized there was never a chance that he would get away because our windows faced each other"

Ava sighed "yeah but he found you fascinating, you were smart, competitive, always kind to him. He was drawn to you"

"Ava, we were fake dating. I only agreed to it because I made him beg me so I can watch him be humiliated"

"The only reason you two broke up was because of his father" Ava pointed out "you'd still be together if Regina & Brennan hadn't interfered"

Emma sighed "Ava, this is a pointless discussion, I don't want to talk about this, it's draining, please"

"Fine" she sighed "but I'm just saying you should give him another chance, and not work for someone that took private photos of you changing"

Emma leaned against her older sister.
"That was Killian, not Rogers" she yawned

"Nope, it was Rogers Liam told me so after yelling at me"

"Why'd he yell at you?"

"Because you broke Killian's nose" she said as if it was obvious

"Hey! I saw him looking, how was I supposed to know better?"

"You didn't, that's why I socked him for yelling"

The two laughed
"Okay, enough about Jones' let's watch a movie"