Chapter 5: The Next Morning

Killian and Emma woke up early the next morning, holding each other close. It took them a few seconds before they registered everything that happened last night. "Sorry!" They both jumped once they noticed each other and fell out of bed and onto the ground. "We must have been very tired yesterday," Emma said, yawning. "Bloody hell, we have to meet with my father; get dressed," Killian said, rushing to grab his clothes.

"But I-"

"He's too blind to notice; trust me," Killian assured her.

*1:30pm*

Emma and Killian were saying their goodbyes to Brennan after signing many contracts for the company. "Oh, and Emma," Brennan said, stopping the pair on their way out the door. "Yeah?" Emma asked nervously. "I do expect to see you at the Christmas party, right?" He stated rather than questioned. Emma and Killian looked at each other, not knowing what to say to this.

"I'm sure you'll see a significant raise in your salary in the near future if you show up." Brennan bribed. "Father Emma doesn't take bribes," Killian explained, feeling uneasy, "and she'll be with her family this Christmas."

"Shame, I thought this would be the only thing that you'd not screw up," Brennan snarked, looking towards Killian. "Father, please don't start this." Killian begged, embarrassed. He didn't like the idea of his father always making comments about him in front of people, especially in front of Emma.

"Hey, nobody asked me what I was going to say," Emma chimed in. Killian gave her a confused look as to why she was even bothering when he had already answered for her. "I'd love to be there; I hardly go back to Storybrooke for Christmas anyways," she said, shrugging.

Brennan smiled and said, "Great, I'll see you both then."
"Yeah," Killian said as he drew Emma away from the crowd. "Swan, what the bloody hell?"
"Do you want to be a disappointment or do you want to be respected?" Emma asked.
"Yeah, but our deal didn't go that far—what happens if everyone at work finds out?" Killian asked nervously. "I didn't think that far ahead... don't worry, it's not like we're faking an engagement," Emma promised.

"So what, we're going to fake date until people at the office notice and then break up?" Killian inquired, "I guess if that's how it should go," Emma shrugged.

Killian looked unsure and nervous. "But I never tell people about my love life; they always find out. and NEVER in nice ways" he added.

Emma turned to him and said, "Then... I guess they'll just have to find out."
"Swan, you seem like a self-respecting kind of lass, why bother losing that over me?" he asked confused.
"Because I want to help you, I can tell you're more than just a high-class gentleman," she said, fixing his tie, "and I also expect a high raise in my salary," she added. "If that's all it takes, then it's a done deal," he said as they shook hands.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Please comment what you think, any feedback is appreciated