Chapter 6: Getting Caught?

*FLASHBACK*

Killian was getting his stuff ready to present at the science fair when he noticed a blond girl in blue denim overalls, a white shirt with golden hearts, and a messy bun using the table next to him.

He watched her set up her display and take notes.

She looked up at him, meeting his ocean blue eyes with his emerald green eyes, and smiled.

He recognized those eyes. He's seen those eyes many times before, but he never had the chance to talk with those eyes.

It was his neighbour, Emma Nolan.

"It's Emma, right?" He asked, leaning against her display table.

"Yup, and you're Killian. I've seen you around the halls and out my window," she said, smiling and reaching out her hand to him to shake.

He made a weird face at that comment that she caught but ignored and instead decided to rephrase what she meant.

"Your window faces mine. I've seen you up there a few times." Emma rolled her eyes.

She was still waiting for him to shake her hand.

"Well, Swan," he started, pushing her hand aside.

Emma crossed her arms. "It's Nolan"

"Well, you're delicate, like a swan."

"That's sexist"

"It's factual"

"What do you want, Jones?" Emma asked, starting to get annoyed.

"I want to know when you became so interested in the science fair. Aren't you in drama club? I don't think you'll like the competition. Killian said

"What? afraid a girl will beat your winning streak of 4?" Emma asked, smiling at him, "And FYI, I've been in drama competitions and starred in all the school plays."

Killian backed off.

"I'll see you later; you look occupied," Emma said, looking at his display case, then at Ruby, before walking off.

...

Emma won first place, while Killian won second.

"See, Jones, the drama geek can beat the nerd," Emma said with a grin.

"I'm. Not. A. Nerd" he said, annoyed as his glasses started sliding down his nose.

"Sure you aren't Clark Kent" Emma teased pushing his glasses up

"Anyways, how about we go to Granny's diner and I buy you lunch?" She offered

Killian looked annoyed. "No, I have better things to do."

"No thank you, would have been nicer," Emma sighed, walking off.

*PRESENT*

Killian and Emma were making out in his office late one night, getting very intimate with each other.

They thought that no one was around.

Killian started unbuttoning Emma's shirt, and she started undoing his belt.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Killian asked nervously,

"Not like we haven't already slept together," Emma whispered.

"Right," he smiled, directing her to his couch.

Everything was fine until Philip walked in, saying, "Hey boss, I got the stuff you asked for the next tabloid—oh my god—"

Killian and Emma both jumped, and he covered Emma.

"Philip, I didn't think you'd still be here," Killian said.

"Yes, but I thought I'd bring it now, and I saw the light on," Philip said.

Emma started buttoning up her shirt.

"Since when did you two become a thing?" Philip asked, confused.

"We've been together for two months," Killian said, fixing his pants.

"But just the other day you were complaining..." Philip said, puzzled.

"Just a cover-up," Emma said right away.

"You called him a good-looking rich buffoon-"

"Just. A. Cover. Up" Emma muttered.

"Philip just put the files over there" Killian interrupted them both

"All right, boss," Philip said and ran away.

Killian raised his eyebrows at her and asked, "Good looking?"

"Jones, don't even start," Emma said, annoyed.

"I knew you still fancied me," he said, smiling.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jones," Emma said, rolling her eyes and walking off.

Killian grabbed her hand, stopping her, and pulled her into a kiss. "You sure you don't want me to drive you home?"

"It's fine, Jones. I'll just walk to Ava's," Emma said quietly.

"Well, let me walk you there, it's not safe going alone," he offered.

"If it'll make you happy," Emma sighed.

"It will"

Emma and Killian had been trying to get caught in their little scheme by going out together in public places. and it unexpectedly happened on this one night where they weren't even trying.

But what they didn't know was that trouble would soon come their way.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

A/N: sorry that it's taken so long I've been busy with stuff and I wanted to rewrite this chapter

Anyways I'm more proud of this now than I was before

I really love this story and I want to continue it

Comments are appreciated as always