Five: Loopholes

Two Weeks ago, right after Hosu City Incident

Unknown Area

Strange white lights glittered in one spot out of nowhere before taking shape of a human body and then quickly dissipated into thin air, revealing the skull-masked individual.

Her current location was that inside the sewer lines and in front of her was a normal door. Turning the knob, she opened the door and stepped inside.

The place where she stepped into was an elevator.

Tapping on the buttons for the desired floor while also having her eyes scanned with the AI, she leaned on the walls of the elevator as it begin to descend further. Her mind lingered on the fight she witnessed on the streets and what her boss had managed to find out.

What was so important to leave the test subject in the hands of the authorities. Not like they would be able to dig out anything from it but the behavior displayed by her boss was new to her.

She will get answers to her questions sooner or later.

The elevator came to a halt minutes later and opened up inside a well-maintained and high-tech laboratory with various computers connected to one mainframe and a giant screen in the center. There were various tubes, some big enough to fit the tallest human of the planet and other materials found in a high-end chemistry lab. Various kinds of modern tech not even seen by many of this country's population were also decorated around.

On the center of it all in front of the giant screen stood a man with long, unruly black hair which had mostly covered his face even if he tried to push them back. At the arrival of his masked employee, he turned around to face her, his golden, snake-like eyes gleaming with excitement. For clothing he wore normal gray scientist clothes.

He had a distinguishing feature to him. It was the four thick, metallic tentacles attached onto him and protruding from his back. From a closer look one can deduce that the tentacles were made of some unknown yet hard metal. The end tips of the tentacles had mouths of a snake for grabbing and doing what all was required of them.

"I am very well aware on what you want to ask of me." The man spoke up. Even if her expressions were hidden thanks to her mask, the scientist could very well read her and know what she is thinking.

One of his extra limbs floated towards the big keyboard connected to the giant screen and pressed some of the buttons before a biometric structure of Rhino Beast popped up on the screen. Then an extra large biometric scan of it's horn and finally a graph.

That graph depicted a sudden increase in whatever it was representing.

"Do you see this?" The tentacle tip pointed to the graph. "Mind telling what does it represent?"

"Power level maybe?" She tried to guess.

"That is correct but who's?"

"Is it not of 038?" She asked with her curiosity increasing with each dialogue being exchanged with her Boss. Plus she remembered increasing 038's power output during the fight.

"I had set up a Quirk Output Measuring Device on it's horn." The boss proceeded to explain. "It is something I made myself so I am well sure about its working. Also his horn had a hidden camera along with the device which will now make the explanation easier."

His extra set of limbs typed something on the keyboard before two images popped up on the big screen. Then they proceeded to enlarge those two images.

The two images were of Blake stopping the bull-charge done by 038 and another was of Blake again, this time giving a finishing blow to it's horn.