Thirteen: Player Pledge

Two weeks had been given to the students to prepare themselves to their utmost limits for the Sports Festival. The school management took some measures in their own hands like increasing the security around the school by hiring various Pro Heroes for the task. Along with that many other heroes were also invited to spectate the event. No villain would be idiot enough to cause any sort of ruckus amidst all the heroes present.

The day of Sports Festival had finally arrived with security at U.A. High being the maximum. Reporters from various TV Stations had gathered to get a glimpse of this event and broadcast this all over the news and sports channels for those who couldn't afford to get a ticket for the stadium after all of them were sold out. It is one of the biggest events, viewed at the level of Olympic Games in the past so tickets getting sold out made a lot more sense.

The students were currently gathered in their respective waiting rooms designated for all the classes and dressed up in their P.E. Uniforms. The U.A. P.E. uniforms consisted of a pair of dark blue pants with white vertical lines going up the legs and a dark blue short sleeved shirt with white lines that form the letter 'U' and 'A'.

"Let's all do our best shall we?" In the waiting room of Class 1-I, Taiji tried to raise the morale of his class being the Class Representative but it didn't seem his efforts bore him any fruit. 

His classmates hardly any sort of enthusiasm for the event and just seemed to participate only because it was compulsory for students of al the departments to participate. 

This year's Sports Festival was a tad different than the previous years for many reasons. In the prior years the sports events of 3rd Years were watched with too much hype but this time the focus is on the first years especially due to the recent villain attack on USJ and how Class 1-A fared against them. 

Not only that but it has also been heard that the No.2 Hero, Endeavor's son is also a first year, already making him the MVP of the event. People are more excited to see the child of a famous hero perform and how he will face against his peers. 

This caused the students of the other departments especially General Studies and Business even more distress as they won't be able to score a better position in rankings even if they try. They are aware that despite their efforts they can't beat someone who has the blood of a hero flowing in their veins.

"Stop trying to make yourself look pathetic class rep and just get ready for the festival." Blake who was leaning by the doorway spoke up. "Let's stop with the unwanted pleasantries."

Taiji tried to come up with a rebuttal but then stopped himself. Now wasn't the time to argue among themselves. There were other matters to put their focus on rather than unnecessary arguments between one another. He spared a glance at the indigo-haired boy, wondering what is going in his head. Last time he made an absurd proclamation and has no idea whether his friend is going to act on that or not. 

There were just too many things to worry about. From Akame he had heard that Blake was attacked by someone who had infiltrated the school, bypassing all the school security on the very day when he was selected as the Class Representative. He is worried on what if they managed to infiltrate again even in the crowd of heroes.

'I am just overthinking at the moment!' The black-haired male shook his head to get rid of the thoughts. 'There No.1 and No.2  will be present here too. No one would be foolish enough to try anything today of all days.'

Minutes later, the students were started to be called out from their waiting rooms to the stadium for the Festival to officially kick off. Groaning and keeping their annoyance suppressed within, the students of Class 1-I made their exit from the waiting room. As Taiji was making his exit, Blake walked up to his side and kept his hand on his shoulder.