Twelve: What Can We Do?

School reopened two days after the incident in USJ Facility and the U.A. staff were doing their best to make things return back to normal. That was the sole reason they didn't expand the day off much and quickly reopened the school. It was all done to provide a sense of ease to the students and the concerned parents sending their students to this school.

The teachers of other classes had preached their students on always being prepared for any sort of situation, taking the attack on Class 1-A as a prime example and how the students fared against the villains despite the odds in numbers. Some were inspired, and some weren't. There were mixed reactions to this. There were also those who didn't mind at all. For them it was simple. The villain has been dealt by the Heroes so let's move ahead with the day.

In the supernatural society of now, such incidents are taken as daily or normal occurrences.

"And with that we are done with the lesson on Journal Entries." Closing the book, the dark blue-haired homeroom teacher of Class 1-I faced her students. Sparing one glance at the clock hanging above the blackboard Akame mentally sighed knowing she has time to be done with an important announcement.

'Finally the abomination is defeated!' A sense of victory could be felt by our indigo-haired protagonist who closed his notebook and shoved it inside his bag. All he prayed now is that he can overcome this same abomination in the exams and tests. 'Ah that reminds me! We have Business Communication test today....well damn..'

The miseries called tests seem to have no end.

"Students listen carefully. I have an important announcement to make." Akame got the attention of her class. The ones who were gossiping among themselves, paused their gossips to hear out what their teacher had to say.

"You aren't going to take a test of this right?" One of the girls sitting in the front benches asked. This indeed was the thought in many of the students' minds and someone had to voice it out.

"No, no far from it. This might even interest you all and it is better than a test." Right after she assured them, sighs of relief could be heard from almost every corner of the classroom. "Everyone knows about the U.A. Sports Festival right?"

There isn't a single soul in all of Japan or around the world who hasn't heard or knows about the U.A. Sports Festival. In earlier times the Olympic Games were more in rage, viewed and enjoyed by almost everyone around the world. However with the advent of quirks their popularity decreased. The sports fans now switched over to watching the Sports Festival held by U.A. This event is viewed by people all over the world and it is also an opportunity for the students studying in U.A. make themselves known to the world.

Noting that she had earned almost everyone's attention, Akame continued.

"After much discussion, the U.A. staff has decided to go with the Sports Festival." She announced.

The reaction she received from her students was similar to what she had imagined the reaction to be. Not too bright and excited nor too dull or dejected. 

It is a common sight to see in the classes of Management Course and she has been seeing this for the past two years ever since she joined in as a teacher. Unlike the Hero Course students who show off their skills to the Pro Heroes and make themselves recognized while the Support Course show off their inventions and gadgets to the Industrialists who make support items for the Heroes, General Studies and Business Course students don't have much to gain from the festival itself. They mostly participate due to the event being compulsory for all the students and end up selling drinks and souvenirs to the audience. 

Given that the Sports Festival is shown on televisions too, it wouldn't take a rocket science for the students to figure out their fate in the competition.