Fifteen: Fierce Competition

"The U.A. Sports Festival First-Year Stage Qualifier!!" Present Mic's loud voice boomed through the speakers all around the stadium once again. The man had a habit of shouting out loud so the listeners could only wonder what Eraser Head is going through sitting in the same room with him. "The first game is an obstacle course race! It is a cruel chicken race where anything goes as long as you stay on the course."

The bandaged Eraser timely dodged a swing of Present Mic's hand and complained. But the complain fell on deaf ears.

"--We'll bring you to the exciting scenes with camera robots set around the course!"

"--You don't need me do you?" 

"Now then." Having ignored his former classmate now-coworker yet again, the Voice Hero took a short pause before continuing. "Can the golden eggs aiming to be future heroes get through the mass of robo infernos?"

________________________________________

The fierce competition continued. Even after Todoroki had frozen the two giant zero-pointer robots and made them crash down on the students behind him. It did little to stop them. The Hero Course students of both the sections broke through the ice and took on the army of robots, showcasing their control over their quirks to take down the robots. Support Course used their own set of gadgets to deal with the robots.

The Support Course were given special privileges to bring in their own inventions and tools in the Sports Festivals. Their expertise lied in inventions and gadgets and the Sports Festival was the perfect stage to show them off what they are able to make.

A Support Course student of Class 1-G with brown hair and fluorescent green eyes revealed a mechanical sword hilt, pressing a button on the center of the hilt. A blade of plasma energy emerged from it with the teen holding the hilt tightly with both his hands. He took a deep breath seeing a two-pointer robot right in front of him. Unlike the other panicking students who were facing the robots for the first time, he tried to keep his mind cool so as to not cause any error in judgement.

His quirk activated with his left eye glowing in a light bluish shade and he knew where he had to strike with his weapon. He drove right in before swinging the blade with full force. The strike landed right on mark, dealing a major damage on the robot. The student took this chance to make a breakthrough from the line of incoming robots. 

He had no intentions of winning the race or anything. He had simply participated out of compulsion to participate in the Festival. But that didn't necessarily mean that he would favor getting crushed beneath the robots. Now that he had steered clear of the path the robots were taking, he can now jog in his usual pace.

"Finally! The pain in the asses are dealt with.." Sighing in relief he continued only to fall face-first on the concrete race track.

"Oops. My timing is still the worse..." Not having any idea about the timing or on what she would reappear on after using teleporting, Saya accidently appeared right above a random student who had defeated a two-pointer robot with a plasma sword of all things.

Getting off, she stopped to help the student get up on his feet. It was her fault to begin with so she might as well be considerate and help the guy out. Lending her out to him, she asked. "Are you alright? I am really sorry about that."

"I will live.." The brown-haired male answered, raising his head up from the race track. There was a bruise on his head and cheeks but nothing to deep. He had good reflexes as he had saved the delicate parts like his nose, eyes and lips by bringing his right hand in between his face and the race track. 

The bruise on his hand was a different story. It would need treating. The male checked the bruise and decided that he would go to the Recovery Girl's office once the race was over with. The U.A. Staff had made a temporary infirmary for her to work in if in the case of injuries. It is a go-all-out tournament with every participant having one special power or the other so injuries and accidents are bound to take place.