Seven: Class Representative

Just like that a whole month had passed since the new batch of first year students had enrolled into U.A. High, either by admission tests, practical entrance exams or even by recommendations. Classes for all departments went smoothly with no problems arising. The only news which had stirred up until now was that the Number One Hero, the Symbol of Peace All Might had joined in U.A. as a teacher for Class 1-A. That had attracted numerous reporters and currently they stood crowded outside the school building.

"I am surprised you are awake in the class." The voice was clearly mocking him. 

"Shut up redhead! Financial Accounts is actually interesting." Blake rebuked while trying to solve the accounting equation. 

Ever since he had exchanged his seat with the student who disliked seating in the last seat, the said last seat had become Blake's which also happened to be behind Saya's seat. And the redhead for some unknown reason tend to throw harmless insults at the indigo haired male. The male tries to return the favor with interest everytime. 

Keyword 'tries'. Its hard winning verbal argument against girls who are actually good in that field.

"The asset calculation is wrong." Saya bluntly pointed out. She had intentionally pushed her desk a little backwards to annoy Blake. Her reasoning for doing that is still unknown.

From Blake's perspective she appears to be an extrovert while having a kind of habit to knock down the arrogant one's like a peg or two. Academic-wise she is above average, and something about her behavior patterns does give him a feeling that she is hiding something but he can't grasp that. And most importantly she has a bad habit of teasing him. He guesses that she kind of has some kind of obsession of seeing him ticked off. 

She tries to tick him off most of the time which actually is like a starting to their bickering friendship. Blake admits that but then again his pride doesn't allow it admit to her face.

"Goddamn this sh#t!!" Blake swore on his calculation being wrong. His effort gone waste. 

A flying chalk hit his forehead the next moment. He hadn't realized that he had swore loudly.

"Language Blake!" Akame scolded and an audible snicker of a few students followed.

"Sorry Sensei..." Blake gave a sideways glare to Saya who once again went back to her own calculations, flatly ignoring him. 'I miss seating beside Taiji. That nerd actually helps me in situation such as this one.'

He glanced over at his tan complexioned best friend and saw him helping the one seating beside him with her calculations. And by his expressions, it is clear he is helping wholeheartedly.

'Filthy traitor...'

Taiji swore he could feel someone's intense glare on him but putting his own safety before anything else, he chose to ignore that.

When the last question of the exercise was done with, Akame Sensei closed down the Accounts book and kept it down on the desk before clearing her throat to get attention of her students. 

"Now that I have everyone's attention, I would like to make an important announcement." She went on. "A whole month has passed since your admission into U.A. High and I assume you got to familiarize with your classmates. Keeping that in mind, I would like you all to elect a suitable Class Representative by the end of the day. The Vice-Class Representative would be chosen by me so all you got to do is elect your own Class Representative."

Her announcement was like a bomb dropped to the entire class and soon murmurs were heard among the students. A Class Representative is someone who represents everyone in the class and also does tasks on the Homeroom Teacher's behalf as per their request. If they were to pick someone for representing them, that someone has to be responsible and someone with an imposing persona.