08

- G R I F F I N -

I open my eyes to Venus sleeping in my arms. I take her in while I can. She looks peaceful, calm. Her breathing is even and she looks unbothered.

I smile to myself when I notice her hand in my hair.

Yesterday was amazing. It's just- she called me pretty boy. And I fucking liked it. I hate when girls call me names, but with her, it's different.

All of a sudden, the door flies open and Jason is standing there. I jolt up, Venus's hand falls from my head, but she's still asleep. The blanket covers her completely.

"What the fuck, man?" I whisper yell at Jason.

"Your mom let me in. Where the hell did you go yesterday? Everyone was blowing up your phone! We were all supposed to hang out after your study thing." He sinks down into a chair, crossing his arms.

"Oh shit. I got distracted." I slowly slide out from underneath Venus, trying my best not to wake her, but she's a heavy sleeper.

"With what- Griffin Monroe. Why do you have a sleeping Venus in your bed? Did you fuck her? Oh my god." His eyebrows shoot up and his mouth drops.

"What? No! We didn't fuck." I whisper.

"Oh my god. You saw Venus naked!" He covers his mouth.

"We didn't fuck. I swear." I put my head in my hands.

"Then why else would she be in your bed?" His eyes flick in between Venus and I.

"She needed somewhere to crash. I promise."

"I'm sure. Meet you at school. We'll talk about this later." And he walks out, shutting the door quietly behind him.

Venus sits up in the bed, smiling at me. Her hair is everywhere, sticking up in weird places, her eyes are tired, but bright.

Pretty girl is the only way to describe her.

"What?" She asks.

"Hmm? Nothing." I sit next to her on the bed.

"You were looking at me weird." She lays back onto the pillow, placing her legs on top of mine.

"No I wasn't."

"Mhm." She hums, closing her eyes.

"You can't fall asleep. We have school." I pinch her calf and she squeals.

"I don't have clothes." She whines.

"You can use some of my mom's old ones. I'll be right back."

I sneak into my mom's closet, attempting to find something that fits Venus. I run my hands along the racks, stopping when I see jeans and a top. This should be fine. Right? They're pretty much the same size. Plus, my mom's style isn't awful.

I walk back into the room, holding up the shirt so I can get a better look at it.

"Oh, wow." I stop in my tracks. My mom is sitting there, talking to Venus.

"Griffin Wyatt! Why haven't I been introduced! I would've put myself together if I had known!" She smacks my arm lightly.

"Uh- sorry. Is it alright if she borrows these clothes for school?" My gaze bounces from Venus to my mom.

"If I knew who she was, I would let her." She crosses her frail arms in front of her.

"Mom, this is Venus, Venus this is my mom. I didn't plan on you two crossing paths." I run a hand through my hair, tossing the dress to Venus, who is staring blankly at the comforter.