10

- V E N U S -

(big trigger warning on these next few chapters!)

Griffin drove me home from school yesterday. I wish I never even walked in that door, though. My mom was pissed at me for not coming home for a few days. She made me buy vodka for my dad, who was passed out on the couch. She said he'll be livid if he wakes up without a drink.

I went to the local gas station. They never ask for my ID. I looked like a total wreck. I was crying beforehand, so my face was puffy and red and just flat out disgusting. And just my luck, Caleb was there, buying beers for his party.

He asked me if I was alright. I said yes. He asked me if I wanted to join him at his party. I said no. He told me he would text me about going out. I said okay.

Hopefully he didn't think I wasn't interested. I am interested, I was just having a rough day yesterday. Really rough.

Me: hey, Caleb. i'm sorry about yesterday. i was having a rough night. i hope you don't think i'm not interested, because i still am.

Caleb: it's okay, Venus. i understand. i have to work Saturday, but i'm free Sunday.

Me: sounds good. just let me know.

I sit down onto the freezing cold bleachers, watching Griffin and Jason out on the field. They are winning by a lot. Which isn't surprising.

"Excuse me?" I look up from my phone, my eyes bouncing between two pairs of eyes.

I smile.

"We thought your outfit was really cute at Griffin's party." The blonde girl smiles. "We've seen you around, but haven't got the chance to introduce ourselves. I'm Allie."

"Serena." The other girl grins. Her hair is wavy and dark.

"I'm Venus." I shift further down the bleachers, they sit next to me. The buzzer goes off, the fourth quarter ends. Jason and Griffin meet us by the concession stands.

"Awe. Vee. Give me a hug." Jason wraps me in his arms.

"You're gross." I scrunch my nose.

I decided to give Griffin a hug. He tenses, surprised, but wraps his arms around me. "You did good." I told him.

He grins.

"Oh, yeah. This is Serena and Allie." I say, proud of myself for making friends.

Jason raises his eyebrows at Allie, she doesn't notice, of course.

"They should come eat with us." Jason offers.

"We can." Allie smiles. "Where?"

"How about that new restaurant down the street?" I say. Everyone agrees.

Griffin took me to the game, so he took me to the restaurant. I tried to get Naomi to come, but she said she was busy. We haven't talked in a few days.

"I just don't know what's wrong with her." I finished my rant to Griffin.

He glances at me, obviously keeping me from something.

"What? Tell me." I demand.

"So, you know the day you stayed over?" He says.

"Yeah."

"So-uh- that morning, Jason walked in and saw you in the bed-"

"You're freaking kidding me." I scoff.

"But I denied every allegation, but he went and told Naomi we hooked up, as a joke, but she didn't take it as a joke. So now she's fucking jealous." He explains quickly.