32

- V E N U S -

We fall asleep on the floor. Well, he falls asleep. I draw shapes on his back. And when he wakes up, he won't stop touching me, not in a bad way, of course.

He wont stop apologizing.

I decide I need to talk to Logan, just to be on good terms.

"Hey, Logan?" I sit next to her on the front porch.

"Yeah?" She glances at me.

"Look, Griffin told me what happened. I don't-"

"God, he has to tell you everything, doesn't he?" She groans, cutting me off.

"Yeah, he does." I narrow my eyes.

"It was none of your business." She crosses her arms.

"It must've been if I was involved." I tilt my head.

"You involved yourself-"

"What?"

"Let me finish. You knew about me, and you still got with Griffin. You. Involved. Yourself."

"I didn't know about you. I thought Griffin was single. I didn't know anything about you until now. Who told you this?" I scoff.

"I don't believe you."

"I'm not a homewrecker!"

"I hardly believe that." She sighs. "You probably fucked and got attached." This girl is going to be the death of me.

"Logan. Listen to me. When did he break up with you?" I pronounce my words slowly.

"The beginning of the school year."

"That's when we met. We didn't like each other. About a week or two later, we got paired together as study partners. He broke up with you before, I promise. I would have never felt for him if I knew he was with you, I swear."

"But I told him I loved him?" Her voice breaks.

Why would he hurt her?

"I'm sorry." I feel so terrible.

"Did he tell you he loved you?" How am I supposed to answer this?

"Don't lie. For my sake."

I sigh, nodding.

"And he said it first?" Gosh, put me under a bright light and interrogate me, why don't you.

"Yes."

"You've had sex, then?"

Why am I still answering?

"It was my first time." I fidget with my hands.

I'm going to punch Griffin later.

"Oh, wow. He really must love you." She's about to cry and I don't know how to comfort crying girls.

He has just bumped his punches up to two.

And tears start to fall.

He's so dead.

~ ~ ~

"We have to meet my mom in her room." Griffin says.

"I talked to Logan." I blurt.

"Yeah? What about?"

"I think you should apologize to her." I state.

"I was going to." He places his hand on my waist.

"She really liked you."

"I know." He frowns. "My mom is probably going to talk about some stupid shi- stuff." He smiles as a little boy waddles into his room. He picks the kid up.