24

- V E N U S -

The homecoming game is at six, and it's five right now. Griffin has been laying on top of me, sleeping, since three.

All of a sudden, he looks up at me. "Your birthday is next week."

"Yeah."

"Are you going to celebrate?" He asks, rolling over to where I'm on top of him.

"Maybe." I shrug, kissing his lips.

"And you're visiting your dad tomorrow?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Are you sure you want to?" He asks, brushing a stray piece of hair out of my face.

I nod. "You have to go." I sit up.

"I don't want to." He groans.

"It's the homecoming game! I'll ride with you." I stand, pulling him off of the bed.

"I know, but we're gonna win anyways." He grabs his shirt off of the ground, pulling it over his head.

I tilt my head. "Knock on wood."

His knuckles meet the bed frame. I smile. He wraps his arms around my waist, picking me up into the air. He kissed the side of my hair, leaning back onto the bed with me in his arms.

"Come on, let's leave."

~ ~ ~

"I love you." He says before he steps out onto the field.

"I love you too. Please be safe." I'm never going to get used to those words coming out of his mouth.

He kisses me, his hands traveling to my waist.

"Yes ma'am. Go sit with my mom and dad, will you?" He nods up at the stands.

"Okay." I walk up the steps to the bleachers, sitting next to Griffin's mom and dad.

"Hey, sweetie." Terra embraces me while Griffin's dad gives me a smile.

I sit next to Terra as she hands me a blanket. It's freezing.

"We've beat this team four times." Terra says, smiling.

I laugh.

"But they seem decent this year."

~ ~ ~

We won. I don't think we've lost a game yet. It was super close though. We got a last second touchdown by Griffin.

Immediately after he did, he ran over to me. I'm standing on the fence, my feet in the holes. He leans over and lifts me off of it, and into his arms, kissing me. We spin around for a good minute before he pulls me into a hug.

"They're taking pictures of us. Act natural." He says into my hair.

"Oh no." He sets me down, gripping onto my hand.

"Hurry. Hurry. Hurry." We run through the crowds of people, laughing, and tripping over each other's feet.

When we make it to the car, we are both out of breath. His hair is ruffled, so I reach out, smoothing it down. It's so cold he didn't even sweat. His nose is slightly pink, his cheeks flushed. He looks so cute.

"You're so cute." I scrunch my nose.

He smiles. "Where do you want to eat?" He asks, his hand resting on my thigh.

"I'm not hungry."

"I don't care."

"I ate nachos during the game. You can eat wherever." He glances over at me.