23

- G R I F F I N -

Venus didn't say it back. Why didn't she say it back?

My leg bounces up and down in the car, Venus is leaned up against me.

Did I say it too soon?

Honestly, I'm worried about two things. One: I hurt Venus the other day. I felt- feel- awful. I was supposed to be making her feel good, but instead I was hurting her. And two: She doesn't say I love you back to me. Probably because there was no time to.

She places her small hand onto my knee, stopping it from bouncing.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks, her thumb rubbing circles.

"Hmm? Oh nothing." I grab her hand, watching her fingers lace with mine.

"You sure?" She looks up at me, concerned.

"Yes." I nod, watching her eyes dart between mine.

Jason pulls to a stop in the parking lot. It's raining, so the homecoming game will be tomorrow.

I lift Venus out of the truck.

"Griffin? Seriously, what's wrong?" She places her hand on my cheek.

I smile. "It's nothing. I promise. Come on." I grab her hand and we walk in together.

"If you're still thinking about the other day-"

"I'm not." I shake my head, but still ask, "You're okay, though?"

"Yes." She nods, pressing her lips to mine.

~ ~ ~

- V E N U S -

- V E N U S -

I cling to Griffin as we walk into the building. There's people crowded on the dance floor, and honestly just everywhere.

"I'm pretty sure someone spiked the punch." Jason sets his drink down on some random table, wincing.

Griffin smiles at me, leading me to an open table.

"We should dance." I say as he pulls me into his lap.

"I don't know how." He rests his chin on my shoulder, his thumb rubbing circles on my stomach.

"Yes you do! I taught you, remember?"

"Nope."

"You seriously don't remember! You just sway with the music. And if it's more upbeat you just dance. It's not that hard, come one." I grab his hand but he stops, bringing his lips to mine.

He smiles against my lips.

"Fine." He groans as I grab his hand leading him into the crowd. He spins me as we get lost in the crowd. I find his feet, standing on them, he lifts them effortlessly, moving us both around.