Chapter 51

Daisy ✧

Daisy

After a forty-minute drive, my body was itching to get out of the car.

As we approached downtown, a slight smile appeared on my lips; it was known for having the best of the greatest foods and stores.

We didn't have much in our small town but one large shopping centre, grocery stores, fast-food restaurants, and the occasional public parks.

You could get to the nice section of our town known as 'downtown,' if you drove a bit further out.

Amazing restaurants and little food stores were strewn over the brightly illuminated streets, and crowds of people were strolling about, either shopping or socialising with friends and family.

Tyson and I come here a few times a year because our parents used to take us here all the time when we were younger, so it holds a particular place in my heart.

Angel pulled up to the kerb of a busy street and found an empty parking spot.

We stepped out of the car and onto the crowded sidewalk.

As we began strolling the illuminated, crowded streets, my face was lit up with a bright smile.

My heart swelled with excitement as I smelled delicious foods and heard the live music in the background.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask, skipping beside him.

"Up to you, bellissima." He says, shrugging.

Translation; Beautiful.

"Pizza it is," I say grinning.

He smirked and shook his head as he took a cigarette from his pocket and lighted it up easily.

I watched him in fascination as his cheekbones define as he inhales the smoke making his cheeks hollow and exhales after a short time.

He caught my eyes and lifted an eyebrow in question and I just smiled and shrugged looking away from his light gaze.

"When did you first start doing that?" I ask, motioning to the cigarette between his lips.

He looked over at me and replied.

"16." He answers and looks away.

I nod my head and continue to gaze around.

Suddenly, someone's shoulder collided with mine, causing me to stumble backwards. Fortunately, Angel caught my arm and stabilised me.

"Watch it, bitch." The guy sneered, walking past me.

When I saw his walking form, I came to a halt and turned around to face him.

As I was about to run up to him and give him a nice slap in the face, Angel had beaten me to it.

Angel's tall figure hovered above him as he grabbed his throat and threw him against the wall.