Chapter 55

Daisy ✧

Daisy

The day flew by, and it was night before we knew it.

I'd changed into the clothes Tyson had given me, Angel had spent the entire day chatting to people, or rather, them talking to him.

His friends visited him, Lycian ended up buying me an entire pack of skittles and to say I was overjoyed would be an understatement.

I was now seated in the uncomfortable chair next to the window.

The view outside wasn't anything special, though my gaze was merely focused on the sparkling sky.

I've always been captivated by it, specifically the moon.

The moon was full tonight, the sky was clear and scattered with stars. The moonlight shone brightly yet dimly on the earth.

It was stunningly beautiful.

As Angel enters through the doors, my thoughts are cut short.

He'd gone out to discuss the 'arrangement' for tonight with his father.

And that was exactly why I was sitting here; my anxiety had gotten the best of me, so I wandered over to look at the moon for some comfort.

I focus my attention on him as he strides closer to me, his face expressionless.

"What's happened?" I ask him, concern lacing my tone.

"Didn't show up." He replies.

I frown.

They didn't show up?

"What do you mean?"

He sighs and takes a seat next to me in the chair.

"Our men were all over the area, and there was no sign of them turning up at the park." He explains further.

I cast a worried glance away from him, returning my sight to the moon.

"Do you think they found out that I told you?"

"Yes." He answers.

His answer causes my heart to skip a beat and my mind tries to add everything up.

"What if that was the reason you were shot?" Looking at him, I say.

He examines my features carefully, staring at me emotionlessly.

"He stated there would be consequences if I told anyone." Slowly, I explain.

Angel's jaw ticked and his eyes became cold, as he became visibly irritated.

I nervously bit on my lower lip and began playing with my hands.

"Where's your phone?" He asks me suddenly.

I glanced at him, confused.

"Over there" I point to the desk near the bed.

He gets up and walks over to the table, where he picks up the phone and switches it on before glancing his eyes up to me blankly.