Prologue

This is a story of an ordinary girl named Cassie Bucket. She was not faster or stronger or more clever than other people. Her family was not rich or powerful or well-connected. In fact, they barely had enough to eat. Cassie Bucket was the luckiest girl in the entire world. She just didn't know it yet.

I was at work in the local shop, sweeping the floors. Surprisingly, they don't get that dusty despite the mountain tons of people who stomp their way through the store. The shop is fairly nice, freshly painted walls, no holes in the ceilings, fresh stock on the shelves. Another customer came in as always. Luckily I get to go home soon due to my shift ending.
"Well, well, well. Cassie Bucket." A familiar voice says I roll my eyes.
"Go away John, im working." I say gesturing to the uniform I have to wear. It's not all that bad, black trousers and a purple top with the shops logo on it.
"Well thats no way to speak to your best friend is it?" He says playfully. Its true John is my best and only friend. We've been friends for 20 years. Since we were 6. He was the only person who was willing to talk to me on the playground all those years ago, John's the outgoing type while I'm more of the sit quietly to myself. I was drawing with some chalk and John wanted to draw to, safe to say we created an absolute masterpiece. Picasso would be jealous.
"You know the boss hates me, give me 10 minutes. I end my shift then." I whisper to him. John works at the flower shop down the road so his hours are quite similar to mine.
"But my fair lady i have came to escort you to your home." John says in a posh playful manner.
"Well your 'fair lady' has 10 minutes of her shift she needs to complete so she can get paid." I say.

10 minutes later John's alarm goes off. He likes to stick to a timed schedule, it makes thing feel in his control as always says. Being late is never an option, even being on time stresses him out.
"It has officially been 10 minutes, let's go to your house." John basically begs me.
I roll my eyes. "I've finished my shift, im leaving." I shout to my boss.
"Alright, you have a shift tomorrow don't forget." He shouts back.
"I never do, Mr Morganstein." I shout as me and John walk out of the shop.

"Cassie, I need to go to the shop for some cereal before we head to yours." John says.
"Eww. Those pencil sharpening food things. John." I say in disgust.
"Well I happen to like the 'pencil sharpenings'."

We laugh and we walk back to what i call home after John grabs his cereal. In reality its a rusty shack that will collapse if anything major may occur. But its my home and I love it.

We are sitting on my bed just talking about random things. I mean we act like we're 14 again but in reality we are both 26 year old adults gossiping like Tina has got a new boyfriend.
"So John you wanna stay for dinner?" I know John lives alone so whenever we hang out I always offer dinner so he can hang out with what he calls his family, the Buckets.
"I would love to, as long as its alright with your mom." John replies.
"It should be but I'll check, Mom is it alright if John stays for dinner?" I ask
"Of course it it, John's is always welcome." Mom replies. My mom, Mrs Bucket, is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Even if we don't have much for ourselves, she always shares it with others.

_______________________________________
Authors note:
Hiya, Pleasure to see you all. I won't have many Authors notes, there may be the odd one. Please vote and comment.
As of March 2023 I'm re-editing the book because it's full of my cringey 13 year old writing.

Update from 25th June 2022, I would just like to thank everyone for my 100k reads from this fanfic. I never thought I would get to that stage so thank you. Have a nice day, evening, morning xx