8: "Sir, im Cassie Bucket."

I run into the flower shop John works at.
"Cassie, how can I help you?" John says in a playful professional manner.
"You know the last golden ticket?" I say excitedly.
"Yeah?" He replies.
"Charlie won it. Im going to the factory with him." I say jumping up and down. John starts jumping up and down with me.
"Oh my god thats amazing." John says.
"I thought I would come say hello before I'm due to meet outside the gates."
"How long you got?"
"About 20 minutes."
"I would head there now." John says.
"Alright, Charlie were leaving." I shout to Charlie.

I look down at my outfit to make sure its acceptable. These are all clothes I got off John and kept away for safe keeping. I'm wearing baggy light blue jeans with a slightly oversized white t shirt with a green and white plaid shirt coat over the top. Im wearing my usual black trainers. Me and Charlie stop infront of the gates.

Some man walks towards me. He has Wonka uniform on. Funny I thought Wonka didn't have any workers.
"Please, may you give me your details and child's just for permission to enter the factory so we know who you are." He hands me a clipboard and pen.
"You need to put a phone number down."
"I don't have a phone to call." I say.
"Alright, thank you." He then walks towards all the other parents giving them the same clipboard with different forms.

"Cassie?" Charlie whispers.
"Yes, Charlie?" I answer whispering too.
"Are you alright?" Charlie asks.
"Yeah, im fine. Are you alright?" I whisper to him.
"Yeah, its just your picking at your nails and you only do that when your nervous."
"Oh, sorry." I apologise. That's the end of our conversation because we both start looking at the other 4 families surrounding us. Veruca and Mr Salt are acting very snobbish. Augustus is eating another chocolate bar. Violet is chewing her gum with an open mouth which is making a really disgusting noise.
"Daddy, I want to go in." Veruca says to Mr Salt.
"Its 9:59, sweetheart." Mr Salt replies chuckling.
"Make time go faster." Veruca demands.
"Eyes on the prize Violet, eyes on the prize." Mrs Beauregarde says to Violet. Violet nods.

The gates open and a voice sounds over a speaker.
"Please enter."
Everyone except me and Charlie run in. Me and Charlie just walk at a quick pace. Charlie grabs a hold of my hand.
"Come forward." The speaker says.
We all walk forward.
"Close the gates." I look behind me and the gates are closing.

"Dear visitors, it is my great pleasure to welcome you to my humble factory. And who am I? Well..." The speaker says as we all walk closer towards the door.

Hee-hee, ha-ha, ho-ho, ho-ho,
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
The amazing chocolatier!
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
Everybody give a cheer! Hooray!
He's modest, clever and so smart
He barely can restrain it
With so much generosity there's no way to contain it
To contain it, to contain, to contain, to contain it
Ha-ha, hee-hee, ho-ho, hooray, ha-ha
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
He's the one the children flock to meet
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
He's a genius who just can't be beat
A magician and a chocolate whiz
The best darn guy who ever lived
Willy Wonka, here he is!

The puppets finished their song with sparklers. But it ended up with them melting away. It was quite a funny song. I look around at everyone's disturbed faces.
"Wasnt that just magnificent?" Somebody says from beside Mr Salt. This somebody just scared me so fucking much. "I was worried it was getting a little dodgy in the missed part but that finale was just- wow!" Mr Wonka you fucking bitch.
"Who are you?" Violet asks rudely as Mr Wonka walks to stand infront of us.
"I mean the song gave us an introduction so I'm guessing this man is 'the amazing chocolatier,' Willy Wonka." I say in reply to Violets question.
Wonka stands there for a few seconds.
"Good morning, starshine. The Earth says hello." Willy Wonka then pulls out his cards.
"Stop giving each other judgy looks, the guy is trying alright!" I say to the parents. Mr Wonka smiles gratefully at me.
"Dear guests, greetings. Welcome to the factory. I shake you warmly by the hand. My name is Willy Wonka." Mr Wonka finishes.
"Then shouldn't you be up there?" Veruca asks as she points to the chair that has nearly caught on fire.
"Well, I couldn't very well watch the show from up there, now, could I, little girl?" Mr Wonka replies.
"Lets get a move on, kids." Mr Wonka swiftly turns and we all follow him.

"Dont you want to know our names?" Augustus asks.
"I can't imagine how it would matter. Plus I already know Cassie. Come quickly, far too much to see."
"Just drop your coats anywhere."
I put mine and Charlie's coats together in my arms and holding them. I'm not putting our coats there, we wouldn't get them back and they are our best chance at not freezing next winter.
"Mr Wonka, sure is toasty in here." Mr Teavee says.
"What, oh, yeah. I have to keep it warm in here because my workers are used to an extremely hot climate. They just can't stand the cold."
"Who are the workers?" Charlie asks curiously.
"All in good time, now." Mr Wonka replies and we continue to walk. Violet suddenly hugs Mr Wonka which earns her a very disturbed and shocked gasp off Mr Wonka.
"Mr Wonka, im Violet Beauregarde." Violet introduces herself.
"Oh... I don't care." Mr Wonka replies before walking off.
"Well, you should care because I'm the girl who's going to win the special prize at the end." Violet says confidently.
"Well, you do seem confident and confidence is key." Mr Wonka replies. He really wants to be away from Violet. I'm trying to find an opportunity to swoop into the conversation.
Veruca runs infront of Wonka.
"I'm Veruca Salt, its very nice to meet you, sir." She curtseys after saying this.
"I always thought a Veruca was a type of wart you get on the bottom of your foot." Mr Wonka replies. As much as I now feel bad for the little brat, it was quite funny.
"I'm Augustus Gloop, I love your chocolate." Augustus says stopping Wonka from walking once again. Its my turn next, i don't give a shit.
"I can see that. So do I. I never expected to have so much in common." Mr Wonka replies. Just to annoy the guy i step infront of him.
"Hi, Mr Wonka, Sir, I'm Cassie Bucket." I say pretending to be anxious, basically making fun of the other kids. He just stares at me. An amused look on his face. All the parents are looking at me like im an idiot and Charlie is covering his mouth trying not to laugh. Mr Wonka then turns around to where Mike and Charlie are still standing.
"You. Your Mike Teavee. The little devil who cracked the system." He says in a almost sinister way. He then turns to Charlie with a smile on his face. I have walked back to Charlie by now. "And you, well, your just lucky to be here aren't you." Wonka turns to address the parents.
"And the rest of you must be their p.." Mr Wonka struggles to say the word 'parents'.
"Parents?" Mr Salt finishes.
"Yeah." Mr Wonka confirms. "Moms and dads. Dad, papa." Mr Wonka zones out.

"Would you like some chocolate?" Augustus asks Charlie. That's good Charlie is making some friends.
"Sure." Charlie replies.
"Then you shouldve brought some." Augustus says rudely and walks off. I go to Charlie and put my arm around him. I whisper to him.
"Dont worry about it."