6: "Years in public education wasted."

"But wait this is just in the fourth golden ticket has been found by a boy called Mike Teavee." The tv reporter says.
"The kids from Denver, Colorado." I say.
"All you had to do was track the manufacturing dates, offset by weather and the derivative of the Nikkei index. A retard could figure it out." Mike says.
"Well, suddenly my years in public education seems wasted." I say quietly.
"Most of the time, I dont know what he's talking about. You know kids these days, what, with all the technology." Mr Teavee says.
"You child is just smart and is a brag about it."
"Die! Die! Die!" Mike interrupts shouting at his own TV.
"Doesn't seem like they stay kids very long." Mr Teavee says almost sadly.
"In the end, I only had to buy one candy bar." Mike admits.
"And how did it taste?" The reporter asks.
"I don't know. I hate chocolate." Mike says.

Me and Grandpa George have the same idea as we both start yelling at the tv.
"Well its a good thing your going to a chocolate factory you ungrateful little.." Grandpa George starts. Dad covers Charlie's ears.
I start yelling at the tv as well.
"You little shit, people would give their lives for that ticket and you're going even though you don't even like chocolate. You ungrateful little bitch. You think your so smart but your just a brat like the other 3 children. Fuck you!"
Dad realises we have both finished and undercovers Charlie's ears.

"Dad?" Charlie says
"Yes, Charlie?" Dad replies.
"Why aren't you at work?" Charlie asks curiously.
Dad looks at mom then me. I shake my head at him saying he's on his own.
"Well, uh, the toothpaste factory thought they'd give me a bit of time off."
"Like summer vacation?" Charlie wonders.
"Sure. Something like that." Dad says.

A couple hours later, John bursts in.
"Cassie, Cassie, Cassie." He repeats.
"John, John, John." I mock. He gives me a 'shut the fuck up' look and then continues.
"Get some shoes on, we are going out." He demands throwing my trainers at me. I quickly put them on and tell mom I'm going out.

"So where are we going?" I ask after we walk for 10 minutes.
We then make it to a field where you can see all the stars perfectly.
"Shit, its beautiful." I say in amazement.
"I know, on a date I was brought here. He said it was his favourite spot and wanted to share it." John tells me. He lies the blanket he brought down and we sit on it. We just sit gazing at the stars.
"This is an amazing way to end the day." I whisper happily.
"Stars are always beautiful."