Part 16

➡️ To avoid confusion please check the introduction chapter. New characters have been added with their details.

~~~~~~~

Mumbai, Maharashtra

"Yes madam."

"Okay, I'll make a note of it."

"Thank you. Bye."

Nuska kept the handset on the telephone and began to enter data in the spreadsheet on her laptop placed in front of her.

"There have been so many absence by the women employees this week," she said to the colleague sitting next to her.

"I don't understand why," replied the lady.

"That's something I've to find out otherwise the HR will create fuss all around," said Nuska noting down the names of the absentees.

Her actions were constantly showing her to religiously involved in her work. She had become quite a devotee to the department she was allotted to manage. It was exactly 6 months months since Nuska had left for Mumbai from Goa with her parents. And after that she had to visit Goa thrice for the court's hearings regarding her assault and murder of Bhushan Sarkar.

Everything during these months for initial phase had broken her but slowly and steadily she was learning how to be unmoved by the people and events around. That Nuska was no more the same girl who arrived at Goa for her interview and not only won her job but also won the heart of the CFO Zaid Khan. Time had taught her how to be stern and remain shrewd to her own principles. She was no more attached to nature and its beauty. She had stopped being curious and jolly to anything new or special she used to come across with. She was just next to any human machine with no fancy.

She worked in a cosmetic producing company in Mumbai called The Swedish Gem. Her job in the personnel management team as a part-time work while she worked full-time with the design team. It was not that she was workaholic from the beginning but the unexpected incidents from the pasts had carved her to stay busy in order to stay oblivious of what she had once gone through. 

It was 5 in the evening when Nuska left for home. Her father called her to inform that he or Abdullah won't be available to pick her to home that day.

"It's okay, Papa. I'll manage." She hanged the call and exited from her office.

Office to home, for Nuska, was a 45 minutes journey from bus. She boarded a bus and found I completely filled with the most exhausting passengers. She cringed before entering into it and stood holding a bar on top of her amongst the portion dominated by ladies. She'd often bent her neck to check the location from the window as where she had to come out at what time.

A guy in his late teenage was using his cellphone when his eyes suddenly fell on Nuska's waist curve as she used her left her to hold the bar. He was sitting on the seat but his lust urged him to leave his place which as soon as he did it was occupied by a old man. The guy made his way through the crowd and very easily he found his portion to stand beside Nuska.

Nuska, all this time, was unaware of the wrong intentions bubbling into that guy's mind until he used his hands to trace her waist with his fingers. Nuska was immediately alarmed sensing the danger. From the bitter experiences of her pasts, she had designed her mind to feel the danger instantly and respond to it quickly.

A hard slap was pasted on the guy's face as his cellphone fell down and he looked into Nuska's red eyes where one could read the sour pain and torture she received from her tutor at the age of sixteen and from her late boss six months ago.