Part 3

~◻🔘◻~

On the same day

Bom Jesus Basilica, Banguinim.

"Done with the prayers? Done with your fathers and ancestors? Tell me honcho! Are you done now?", Bhushan couldn't stop shouting behind Zaid while walking down the steps of the church.

"We're about to head to the premises only. Why are you howling after me? Varishth Uncle see no!", said Zaid irritatingly and started pacing even more carelessly.

"Son wait!", called out a soft voice from inside of the assembly hall.

Zaid, along with his group turned back in unison.

Father Joseph approached swiftly towards the men in black suit. His paces became even quicker when people behind Zaid parted and made way for the father to reach Zaid.

"Yes father?", asked Zaid ebulliently.

"Our church has organised a charity celebrating event called 'Give In His Name', for welfare of the orphans, next Sunday in which many  popular faces of Goa are invited. I'd like you all to be a part of it and honour our function with your presence.", said the father happily resting his hand on Zaid's shoulder.

"So how much you want us to donate?", an unwanted question asked by Bhushan.

"Bhushan!", exclaimed Varishth and everyone exchanged glances as the Father was startled by Bhushan's question.

"No no actually dad, I wanted to know from father since it is a donation camp or something like that, then we'd obviously be asked to contribute only if we're invited. That's what I'm asking, how much should we.", he said wearing an expression of concern on his face.

Zaid turned towards Bhushan in a flash and said,"He invited us to be a part of such a blissful occasion, donating or not donating is an intention that pops in when we see people participating into it and we contribute in accordance with with our individual willingness to give not with how much we wholly possess. Isn't it? It is rather an informal invitation by him and we're personally commited to it."

"I see this Bhushan has problems in understanding his roles as where to talk like a human and where to talk like a businessman.", sighed Varishth and turned towards the Father only to say,"We're definitely coming Father. And not only we but we'll also ask our subordinates to join us, what say, Aadam?"

"That's a brilliant idea friend!", said Aadam.

All of them were then walking on the pavement leading to the main gate of the church. Their car was parked inside the premises of the church but Zaid still stood outside with his hands crossed and Bhushan was seen sitting on the driver seat and moving out carrying the other three men in the car.

That was because, there were two groups of the candidates - the citizens of Goa strength of which was 40 and the ones from others states containing 30 candidates. And for the interview there were two panels also. Panel one comprised of Varishth, Aadam and Bhushan who were supposed to interview the candidates from Goa and the other panel contained Zaid who was the Chief Financial Officer, Ajay Mahanty, head of the HR department and Mrs. Pratyusha Khandelwal, the Chief Marketing Officer.

It was precisely because Zaid had always come out smarter in dealing with outsiders with his approach. So, that was how it was supposed to take place.