Part 6

This chapter is also dedicated to all my lovely readers. Thank you for your continuous support ❤️❤️😘😘

~◻🔘◻~

April 2019

At Zaid's room in KSE

Author's narration

"I think I'm done introducing you to the final shortlisted candidates. You're sure you've understood it well, sir?", said Ravi Bhattacharya trying to bring back Zaid from his daydream.

"Hmm. Yeah. Gotcha.", Zaid murmured.

"Are you alright Sir? Like you'd a good sleep last night 'cause you seem a bit lost.", Ravi said ascending the ladders of informality.

"Ravi, I'm more than just alright, so, maybe lost that's why.", Zaid gave him an enigmatic answer and smiled.

"What happened sir, I guess you didn't have your permanent nightmare last night. Isn't it?"

"Actually Ravi, I had a completely different dream last night that pushed me to wonder I'm free from the curse of that nightmare.", said Zaid running one of his hands over his hair and led a charming smile flash.

"Sir, I'm really very happy to see you today. I can feel your positive vibes around me and that gives me energy to perform better than my capacity. I pray you never get depressed in your life.", said Ravi with all genuine pitch his voice could hire.

Unlike other employees, Ravi was an intimate assistant of Zaid who without defying the boundary of his position advised and listened to Zaid obediently.

It'd appear somehow informal but it was true that when Zaid was new in the company, though he was among the superior group, he would cry and sob in loneliness after office hours until he was seen by Ravi in that state. Although working under his boss, Ravi, 34, senior by age to Zaid, had his own experiences and tastes of life.

It so happened that once he almost cried by reading the personal diary of Zaid, that he accidentally carried with him along with some files, in which Zaid mourned the death of his mother.

Zaid's mother, unfortunately, passed away when he was eight. But his father never married and bothered about the maternal need of his son. He thought he could alone take care of Zaid for it was also true that when his son was 14 he planned to marry a Iranian woman but due to the way too huge obstinacy of Zaid, he dropped this idea.

Zaid was more than anything attached to his mother and after her death, to her memories.

He could not forget how she'd hide behind the palm trees in the coastal forest and he'd go around finding her.

It was her dupatta that was an accomplice to Zaid for it always waved with the touch of breezes and her mother was caught.

"Umm... sir, are you going to meet Father Joseph tomorrow 'cause I guess you are supposed to attend his program called Healing Assembly."

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding."

"I've to remember all those dates, sir, after all it has to do with your healing.", Ravi said and blinked at Zaid.

.

.

.