Part 11

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Verna Police Station, Goa

"Ravi... Ravi something terrible will befall on me, Ravi call inspector Deshmukh. Please, I want to see Nuska now. Are you hearing? I want to see her now yaar!" tears were rolling down Zaid cheeks who was in the Police Station for interrogation and policemen there weren't allowing him to leave.

Hearing Ravi's pieces of advices from the other side on the call, Zaid disconnected it sitting on the floor grabbing his curly hair under his fists.

"Nuska, how are you doing right now? I pray, beg, tear my heart before God to let me know a bit of your condition.

But, but, why? It ended before it started. She was so close to me and in a blink she's lost. Nuska! Don't leave my side. Be with me. Oh God! Is it my loving of the people that you bestow them with pain and sorrow? I swear I won't love anyone, never ever that'd happen. First you took away Maa and now -"

His agony seemed endless and he was twisting in the unseen and unforeseen torture. He felt like crying and drowning into his own tears as he wasn't allowed to leave for hospital where Nuska was admitted after being injured by Bhushan's crazy molestation.

"Why aren't you all just letting me go, I've accepted my part of the role in his death and I gave you all the statements! So just leave me for God's sake and let me see Nuska!"

One of the police staff went close to Zaid who was inside the interrogation room. Watching him through the translucent glass sheet he said, "sir, we cannot let you go outside as media and people have jammed the area of your company and this police station also. And it is Mr. Deshmukh's order to keep you here until comes here personally and have a word with you."

.

.

.

.

.

Public Hospitals Bambolim, Goa

"Sir... it's hurting me..."

"Sir, I'm not at all comfortable..."

"Sir! Sir, please sir, please..."

"Please, leave me sir... leave me..."

"Aadarsh sir, please don't do this..."

"SAVE MEEE SOMEBODY!", cried Nuska even in the state of anesthesia on the hospital bed experiencing one of the worst nightmares that was attached to her slumber as well as to her fate when she was 16.

.

.

.

.

On that evening, Nuska's parents, Nisthar and Saima, were spending their quality time in the nearest park until their son Abdullah returned home from his science classes.

"Ji, when will Nuska return?" Saima asked her husband.

"She said she would return within two days. Let me call and ask her," said her father while taking his phone out of his pant's pocket.