{•}Chapter 5: The Orphanage.{•}

Hawks's POV~

Me and Midnight went inside the Orphanage and we were surprised it wasn't run down and it had many kids running around the place.
We walked up to the Desk, a young woman looked up,"Oh, hello Pro Heroes.", she stood up and looked around,"What can I do for you?", "Darling, do you think you could do us a favour and get the manager of this place? This is involving an investigation.", she nods and rushes off, I,suddenly felt my jacket being pulled, I look down and saw a little boy,"You're Pro Hero Hawks!", I smiled and laughed a little nervously,"Yes, I am.", if there was one thing I wasn't good at: It was with children. As much as it seems like it, I wasn't the best with children because I don't know how to handle them or what they want.
Midnight smiled as a few came over to us,"How about you distract the kids while I get the information? I'm not exactly PG for them.", I nod and I lead the 4 kids around me away from the desk.

~

I knelt down at the kids, the 3 boys and the girl was smiling and jumping,"You're so cool!", I smiled,"Thank you, kids.", "I'm gonna be a Hero just like you one day!", I smiled,"Hero, ey?", the kids nod,"Yeah!", I smiled and watched as Midnight left to go in the back with the women.
I turned my attention back to the kids who were now approaching me with questions about being a Hero.

=

Midnight's POV~

I was taken to the main office, I smiled as Hawks was interacting with the kids and keeping them distracted.

~

The young woman had me in a room with another slightly older woman,"Midnight. Pro Hero. How may we be of service?", I cleared my throat,"I apologise for this unexpected visit, but this is regarding a case.", she hummed for me to continue,"Case?", "An old case came up in a file about a little girl who ran away from here.", I showed her the file, she stared at the date for a while.
She fixed her glasses,"Unfortunately, I can not help you much, as the old owner of this Orphanage at the time passed away.", I sighed,"Oh, I see. I'm sorry to hear that.", then the young woman stepped forward,"But, she did tell you stories about the kids here right. . .?", the older woman nods,"Yes.", she looked at me,"According to what she told me; The girl that ran away, was often picked on because of her quirk and her behaviour because of her quirk.", the lady nods,"Mhm. According to her, the girl would act violent to those who picked on her.", I nod and wrote this down,"What happened to her files?", the older lady sighed,"The girl stole them the day she left the Orphanage.", I nod,"Do you have a picture?", she nods,"Yes. Right here actually.", she got up and pulled a frame off the wall. . .

I smiled,"What a beautiful little girl

I smiled,"What a beautiful little girl.", she nods as she takes the photo out of the frame and handed it to me,"I wish you luck.", I smiled.

~

After getting the photo, I went to get Hawks so we can leave.
Once back, I noticed all the kids were now playing and saw Hawks talking with a little girl that had wolf ears and tail, a magenta/pink eye but had a white eye, who seemed really happy,"Hawks, we gotta go.", he nods, he gave the girl a headpat before getting up,"Goodbye, kids.", they all said goodbye as we left.

~

I smiled,"They all seemed happy to see ya.", "Mhm.", I look at me, I noticed he looked a little pale,"Was it stuffy in there, you look a little white.", he nods,"Yeah, probably should have taken off my jacket.", I nod, now we better go meet up with the others.