Chapter 10

" Thank you all for your calls!" Stephan said, standing up from his chair after a very long and very boring talk with one of the Lords Jo had the misfortune of having " Please say your goodbyes to Josephine, and you shall be shown out by Gregory o...

" Thank you all for your calls!" Stephan said, standing up from his chair after a very long and very boring talk with one of the Lords Jo had the misfortune of having " Please say your goodbyes to Josephine, and you shall be shown out by Gregory over here." He said, pointing over to the manservant that was standing by the door.

" Bye! Bye! Bye. Bye. Byeee." Jo repeated, as the men walked by her all wearing bright smiles.

" I'll make sure they all go out dearest." Stephan said, kissing Jo's cheek then walked out of and Jo immediately slumped back in her chair.

" Mam." A maid said, as she knocked on the door.

" Yes?" Jo called, and the door slowly opened.

" You have a visitor Miss." The maid smiled.

" I thought all the suitors had left?" Jo said, sitting up slightly.

" I wouldn't exactly call myself a suitor," Collin said, walking from behind the door " Thanks Mary, but I think we'll be alright." He nodded at Mary and she smiled and nodded back before she walked out of the door.

" And what do I owe this lovely visit?" Jo said, laying back down and putting her feet up.

" Don't straighten yourself for me!" Collin laughed, as he walked over and lifted up Jo's legs so he could sit down then let them fall over his lap.

" So how comes your here?" Jo said, fiddling with the lace on her dress.

" Well I just came back from the Featheringtons and I decided to see how your visitors were." Collin said, looking at her delicate fingers.

" You visited the Featheringtons?" Jo said, looking up from the lace " Are you courting Penelope?" She sat up quickly and grabbed his shoulder.

" No no don't be silly!" Collin laughed, and Jo laughed too then laid back down " I actually went to see Miss Marina Thomson."

" You did, did you?" Jo said, suddenly becoming stiff.

" Yeah, didn't really have that long to talk to her though, there were so many suitors!" Collin sighed, and laid his head on the chair.

" Oh I can relate to that." Jo said, her voice higher than usual.

" You can?" Collin said, picking up his head.

" Yep, so many suitors came around I had to give them each a two minute time gap so I had enough time to speak to them all," Jo smiled, as she began to fiddle with the lace again " Probably because they saw that the Duke had taken an interest in me last night."

" He has?" Collin said, his voice slightly cracking.

" He has, in fact we ended up talking almost the whole night," Jo didn't really know why she was insinuating that she and Simon had something between each other, on the contrary she couldn't think of anything more unappealing as she saw him as an older brother, but Collin didn't have to know that " In fact," she stood up abruptly " I have to tell Daphne everything that happened last night."

" Erm let me accompany you." Collin said, slightly tripping over himself as she rushed to keep up with Jo's fast pace.

***

" Sorry for intruding," Jo said, as she walked through the Bridgerton's morning room, but was oddly surprised to see that no one else was in the room but the Bridgertons themselves " Well it seems as if I'm not intruding at all, where is everyone? Did you send them away so soon, I would've thought that you would keep them around for at least more than half the day Daphne!"

" It was me that sent them away." Daphne grumbled, and Jo pulled a confused expression in Violets view.

" Antony." She said, rolling her eyes.

" Why what has he done now!" Jo said, rushing to Jo's side and sat now next to her.

" He scarred them all away!" Daphne shouted, and then laid her head on Jo's shoulder and looked as if she was about to cry.

" I think it would be best if we left them alone, come along girls!" Violet said, and pushed Eloise, Francesca and Hyacinth out of the room.

" What happened?" Jo said, stroking Daphne's back as she gave her a hug.

" He came in and started intimidating all of them, and didn't even let me have a full conversation with them!" Daphne said as she picked up her head off of her shoulder and wiped her tears.

" I'm sure he'll lay off Daphne, you just have to be patient." Jo said, placing each of her hands on her shoulders.

Daphne was patient, but still her Antony chased off every suitor that came knocking on the Bridgeton home, where as Jo hope that someone would chase off her suitors. Every day Jo would be vised by more than a dozen visitors, and immediately switch off whenever they had mention their future wife staying home and looking after their many children, or when she had found out that they had no desire to travel. The only Joy Jo had gotten since she had to meet Lords and Earls on a daily, was the meal she had when Simon had visited at the beginning, but had not seen him since because of their busy schedules. But little did she know, her life would be getting a lot more interesting as the season continued, for herself and her best friend.