Chapter 23

" I think that's enough for one day!" Will Mondrich, says after Jo did an effortless but strong right hook to his jaw.

" What had enough of me already Mondrich?" Jo smirked, wiping the sweat from her forehead with her wrapped hand.

" More like I favour my face from your hands Hydeton! I have an upcoming match and it'd be better if my face wasn't black and blue before we even began!" Will chuckled, as he leaned on the ring and grabbed his cup of water " You've gotten stronger since the last time you were here, and your punches more frequent. Why is that?"

" Three words Mondrich," Jo said, jumping out of the ring heading straight for the punching bags " This." Punch " Fucking." Punch " Season." Punch, punch, punch. Will chuckled again, but this time held his jaw at the shooting pain caused by Jo's punch.

" There you are!" Simon shouted, and quickly shut the big doors behind him before striding over to Jo who payed no attention to him " And what are you wearing?!" He then looked at her up and down horrified as she was practically in her lace undergarments " Cover your self immediately!" Simon quickly removed his jacket and flung it over Jo's shoulders.

" Please Simon it's not as if anyone is here!" Jo said, handing back Simon his Jacket and continued to punch the punching back.

" And you're not even wearing a corset!" Simon's eyes widened, and Jo laughed.

" Well I don't exactly see you wearing one while boxing," Jo still continued to box but paused and held the bag still to wipe her forehead again " And not a shirt in sight, I may try that out next time." Simon quickly turned to Will, and he held his hands up in defeat.

" I did tell her to wear a corset," Will said, climbing out of the ring " But you know how stubborn she can be when she's ready for a fight."

" I sure do." Simon said, trying to fight the smile off his face and resume the angry big brother role, as he remembered the scraps they used to get into when they were younger.

" Why are you here then?" Jo said still punching fast and hard, while adding kicks here and there.

" Why am I here?! Jo you've been gone for the past two hours and the next event is tonight! Stephen is unnerved!"

" Okay I'm coming!" Jo said, punching the bag one last time " Thanks Will!" She picked up her dress which was a heap on the floor and motioned over towards him.

" No more coming over this season Jo," Will said, unwrapping his hand and Jo glared at him " I'm serious Josephine, I'm in favour of keeping my head from your Aunt and the viscountess."

" No promises!" Jo called out as she quickly pulled her dress over her head, and strode towards the big green doors ( wraps still on and hair a complete curly mess).

" Good thing I brought the carriage." Simon said, rubbing his face and motioning over to Will one final time before exiting along side Jo.

***

Jo gently rubbed her knuckles through her gloved hand, already in converse with her Father, Aunt, Violet and Daphne as the next event began.

" Thank goodness for gloves," Jo thought, already imagining the state they were in when she returned home to be scolded by her Father. Red, bruised and bloody they were from the endless friction of the bag and her skin, almost completely rubbing off her wraps. " Next time, gloves... if there even is a next time."

Jo was so distracted on caring for her knuckles, that she missed Simon whisking Daphne away towards the life of the party, but Daphne made sure to say goodbye and wink as she left.

" Didn't keep you waiting too long I hope." Collin said appearing behind Jo, making her jump and one of the orange petals in her hair fall out.

" Collin!" Jo said, turning around to see the familiar smirk on his face " I'm sure you made my heart stop for a moment there!"

" Didn't mean to take your breath away," Collin said, admiring her deep brown eyes " But can I have the permission on doing it again, with a-"

" Dance Lady Hydeton," Lord Dane said, striding towards Jo and Collin with a smug look on his face " If you may do me the wonderful honour on doing so." He then bowed.

" Oh erm." Jo said, looking between the bowing Lord and Collin who's jaw was tightening.

" And would you look at that!" Lord Dane said, rising from his bow " Mr Bridgerton hasn't written his name down yet on your dance card, if I may say this seems to be my lucky day, if you do of course do me the pleasure on accepting my offer of course."

" Erm of course Arthur," Jo curtsied, her eyes flickering to Collin once again, who now seem unbothered and was now talking with another Lady who wouldn't stop fanning herself and wrapping her hair around her finger " It would be my utmost pleasure to do so." She delicately placed her hand on his and he smiled, only looking behind her once to still see Collin talking to the young Lady, and not to see Collins eyes following her the rest of the way into the ball room.

Authors note:

Sorry for the long wait guys, I have my end of year exams coming up so I'll been putting school before writing until July ( but that doesn't mean I won't be updated until they end).

Also thank you so much for all the support and attention this book has been getting!! I really enjoy really all of your comments and it makes my day.

Thoughts on Bridgerton season 2!!!! I'm in LOVE with Kate and Anthony's relationship and story together, just everything about ittt 😆😆