CHAPTER 12

Luna's POV

"So what youre telling me is, Alex is cursed but it doesnt appear for now because she lost her shit and then she stopped losing her shit and woke up with no memory of what happened to her" I heard my brother Lucas say over the phone.

"Yep" I said

"And mom came back so she can read an old spell book for you because she's the only one who speaks Latin"

"uhem" I agreed, I heard him sigh and shuffle around.

"Max and I will be there tomorrow night" Lucas found his mate a couple of years ago and they decided to travel together and have a little fun.

"You don't have to, you know" I said in a sad tone, I didn't want to ruin his time with his mate.

"Well obviously I don't have to, but I want to. See ya tomorrow sis" he hang up the phone.

I walked out of my office and went to the library where I was meeting with everyone except Alex; I gave her a list of tasks to go over just to make sure she won't eavesdrop. I pushed the doors open to find my mother sitting with her legs crossed on the table, Skylar was talking to James and Nessa was sitting on the couch.

"About time" my mother said jokingly rolling her eyes; I smiled at her and sat next to Nessa. James put the book on the table and my mother, looked at it weirdly at first but then she shrug it off and opened it.

"So what we're looking for is a manipulation spell right" she asked flipping through the pages.

A few minutes of her just staring at one particular page, I got up and leaned over to look at the page. It had some weird drawings of dolls and writings.

"This is even worse than I thought" she mumbled, I looked at Skylar worried she had the same look.

"What is it?" Asked Nessa softly, her voice was so weak and I can tell she was stressed and worried for her mate.

"It says to curse someone you'd need something that belongs to them, an object, a piece of hair maybe even a nail, so Alex must have had contact with them" she said still focused on the book then she continued

"The witch or whoever is doing the spell, will sew the object that belongs to whoever she wants to control with a doll that theyll make. Anything that is ordered to the doll by their new master will be done without questioning"

"So this person made Alex their puppet?! We need find the doll and destroy it" Nessa was furious, but my mother just raised her hand asking Nessa to wait.

"If you pull a leg off of the doll, Alex's leg will be ripped off. Anything that happens to the doll will happen to Alex" she sighed; she turned the page and leaned forward to concentrate more.

"Hmm, you need to kill the witch with a Shorea bracteolate is an emergent tree, up to 50 m, found on well-drained clay and sandy soils this type of wood is very commonly used in Southeast Asia"

"Pardon me? Asia?" I asked surprised, we are literally on a different continent. How are we going to get that?!

"I'll ask one of the pack members to go search for it here until we find a way to get it from there" I heard James say as he left the library.

"To kill the witch, one direct blow puncturing through the chest into their heart and the curse will be broken" We have to capture the witch and kill them. And be careful they won't cast a spell to harm us.

I was so troubled how are we going to do all this, and Alex isn't aware of any of it. And the witch could be spying on us so if we tell Alex she might lose it again.

"Isn't Lucas in Europe?" asked Skylar. That's true it is closer from there than here. I nodded taking my phone and searching for this wood and the country that has it more, when I found it I took a screenshot and sent it to him.

'Bring this with you, I'll explain later' I pressed sent.

The only problem that is left is who and where is this person, and how are we going to find them.

"Luna did anyone new visit or settle here or close from here?"

"Mom thousands of people come and go specially to the school where Skylar works" she looks at Skylar,

"Skylar, bring the files of new enrolled student and new teachers, janitors. Everyone in that school" Skylar nodded her head, and left us well which left me with Nessa and My mom.

"Nessa you're the one who spent more time with Alex lately, what do you think?" I asked her sitting next to her on the couch. She sighed and started playing with her fingers nervously.

"Well she is fine, but lately she started waking up with bruises" she said, I looked at my mom for an answer and her eyes were wide open,

"You said Alex lost her memory?" we both nodded our heads yes confused, what is she pointing at

"The bruises will only appear when the bewitched is fighting the curse..." she said walking to the door in hurry. What is she saying?

Is Alex faking her memory loss?

************************************

Luna's mother is hot ngl. she's back to save the day isn't she.

Btw the story wont be long maybe a few chapters and we're done.

Have a good day!

-S