Chapter 3

The week went by fairly quickly and before they knew it it was the night of the FDNY gala. The end of her Friday shift approached and JJ stood at her locker packing up her things before she was to head home. Just as she slung her bag over her shoulder she heard the ring of her phone vibrate against the metal shelf in the locker. Picking it up she flipped it over to read Brian's name flashing on her screen.

"Hey what's up?" She answered her phone.

"Hey! You still at work?" His deep voice echoed through the phone.

"Just finished my shift. I'm walking to my car right now." She told him sending a quick wave to her fellow firemen before leaving.

"Okay good. What time do you want me to pick you up for this thing tonight?" He asked.

"Eight o'clock?"

"Eight it is. I'll see you tonight sweetheart." He smiled over the phone.

"See you tonight Bri." She smiled back and hung up the phone.

JJ hopped into her car and threw her bag into the passenger seat, starting up the engine and making her way home.

****

"What's the thing you're doing tonight?" Sal asked coming up from behind Q.

"The FDNY banquet. JJ asked me to go with her." Q answered gathering his own things as they ended their day on set. "How 'bout you? Any plans tonight?"

"Yeah, I gotta date tonight." Sal said nonchalant as he focused on his phone.

"Ohhh, got a little date, huh?" Q teased earning an eye roll from Sal. "Is she hot?"

"Very." Sal smirked still looking down at his phone.

"Alright Sally!" Q congratulated giving Sal a smack to the back. "What are you guys doin'?" He questioned as the two started the walk to their cars.

"Dinner. Maybe drinks afterwards." Sal shrugged, pulling out his car keys.

They talked for a little more until they reached their vehicles, going their separate ways.

"Good luck on your date tonight, man. I'll see you tomorrow." Q waved.

"Alright buddy. Have fun at the banquet and tell JJ I say hi." Sal said opening the driver side door.

"I will." Q answered as he got into his car.

He quickly checked the time and realized he had a few hours until he had to pick up JJ and head to the banquet.

****

"JJ! It's me!" Brian called out as he entered her house, ready to go.

"Be down in a second!" She called back as she made some finishing touches upstairs.

Brian nodded his head and wandered into the kitchen, helping himself to an iced tea. He smoothed down the dark purple tie that sat on his light purple dress shirt. He left his black suit jacket in his Jeep and readjusted the black dress pants that sat on his hips. Just as he was about to take a sip of his drink something else caught the corner of his eye.

Walking down the stairs in a tight black dress, JJ's heels clicked against the floor as she made her way into the kitchen where Brian stood. She brushed her hair back off her shoulders and kept her hand on the back of her dress that was currently unzipped.

Brian stared wide eyed and had to place his drink back down on the counter, speechless at how absolutely gorgeous she looked. Her dress fit her perfectly and it had a sexy slit going up her left leg exposing her tanned skin. Her hair was curled perfectly and her makeup was subtle but perfect, highlighting her bright blue eyes. He was so caught up looking at her that he didn't even hear her call his name.