Chapter 18

The night of their date had come around pretty quickly and as Brian drove to pick up JJ, he couldn't believe this was happening. After all the time he spent hiding his feelings and thinking that she'd never feel the same, he could now officially call her his girlfriend.

The day after they had gotten together Brian gladly announced to Joe and Murr that he and JJ were together and they, much like Sal, were glad to know they had finally figured their shit out. He also told Walt and Bryan who were as equally relieved as everyone else.

While he continued his drive JJ was at home doing some finishing touches. She wore a dark red dress that flowed out slightly below her waist and a simple coat of make up. Her hair fell just below her shoulders, naturally wavy, and as she descended the stairs she heard the front door open.

"JJ! Babe, it's-" He cut himself off as soon as he saw her standing there. "Holy shit."

"What's wrong? Is it too much?" She asked now nervous she overdid it.

"You look so fucking beautiful." He exclaimed, continuously looking her up and down. "How the hell did I get so lucky?" He asked coming up in front of her and placing his hands on her hips.

JJ shook her head no and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm the lucky one." She corrected watching him smile down at her. Standing on her tip toes she moved herself closer to his face before gently connecting their lips. Brian melted into it and kept one hand on her waist, the other moving to the back of her head, keeping her there for a bit longer. "I missed you." JJ whispered, parting their lips for just a second.

"I missed you more." He proclaimed and reconnected their lips for another soft kiss. "Mmm...I missed doing that." He smirked and kissed her one more time before separating.

"Let me just put my shoes on and I'll be ready to go." JJ told him and she grabbed her black heels.

"Take your time, darling." He assured and grabbed himself a water from her fridge.

Once she had her shoes on and grabbed her purse she walked up to Brian who wore jeans a black tee and a gray blazer that made him look incredibly sexy.

"Okay, I'm ready." She stated, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Perfect." He smiled and grabbed her hand, leading her outside and into his Jeep.

****

They drove down the streets of Manhattan before they parked outside a rooftop restaurant that JJ didn't even know existed. She had never eaten anywhere as fancy as this place seemed and already felt spoiled by this man. She meant what she said earlier. She was the lucky one.

Brian grabbed her hand and guided her across the street and into the restaurant where tables were filled with people talking all around.

"Wait here." He instructed and walked up to the host who was handling reservations.

She couldn't hear what he was saying but watched the host nod his head in understanding and grab two menus. Brian walked back over to her and once again grabbed her hand as they followed the host to their table. But instead they continued past all tables and towards an elevator that read "Rooftop Dining" she guessed they weren't eating inside.

"Did you get us a reservation on the rooftop?" She asked in disbelief when they were in the elevator and on their way up.

"I did a little bit more than that." He smirked, leaving her to wonder what else he could have possibly done.

They made it to the top and the host lead them out to the roof that was surrounded by the protective glass. It took JJ a second to realize there was no one else up there and and there was only table with a couple candles and a flower in the middle.