three. it's just a cigarette

warning
smoking

THE GIRL GENTLY FOLDED her pink dress, in the hopes that her brother could find someone who could fix it. Tears stood in the corner of her eyes as she softly sniffled and changed into, yet, another one of her dresses.

Niki knew it was a stupid thing to cry about, but she loved that dress. It was the most expensive thing that her brother ever got her; Haruto had been saving all summer just to get her the pink dress she always ogled at whenever they would pass by the dress store. Maybe it was okay for Will Goode to just rip it, but she was a Shadysider. She was poor. It was nothing to him. Her brother buying her that dress was a really big thing for her.

Niki sighed, straightening her white dress. It wasn't one of her favorites, but she decided to just not wear them anymore after the situation with Ziggy almost being murdered.

As she softly combed her hair, the sound of knocking echoed throughout the room.

Niki, thinking that it was Ziggy, leaned against her mirror. "Come in!"

Instead of her friend, Niki was met with a familiar face through the mirror.

"Not now, Cardan. I'm not in the mood." The girl mumbled grumpily, grabbing a headband for her hair as she walked out of the cabin, ignoring the blonde boy.

She felt quite guilty for ignoring him, but she really wasn't that excited at whatever proposition he would have. If he suggested something that may bring her dress back, then yes— but Niki doubted it was something like that.

"Niki—"

"What?" The girl turned around, a sigh escaping her own lips. She was supposed to check on Ziggy.

"I know that dress meant a lot to you."

Niki scoffed, turning around once more as she continued to walk away. "Yeah, obviously. Bet you've never seen a girl cry over a dress before."

"It was a really pretty dress."

"Are you here to make me feel better or worse?"

"Will's an asshole who only thinks about himself. I know that it won't bring your dress back, but it might help you feel a bit better, but I have an idea on how to get back to Will."

This perked up her attention. She wasn't really fond of getting revenge, as she was a really forgive-and-forget kind of girl, but she was interested. Will had ripped her dress. Will had to pay.

But Will was a Goode, and nothing good would happen if you try and hurt a Goode.

"No, Cardan." Niki sighed, walking towards Nurse Lane's cabin. "I need to check on Ziggy. I'll just meet you later."

-

"Okay, so you are gonna apply this once a day for three days, okay?"

Hearing Nurse Lane's voice, Niki opened the door to the cabin. The chime of the bell announced her presence, and Ziggy had suddenly stood up in instinct, only to back down once she realized that it was only her friend.

"Hey, Niki." Ziggy greeted, somewhat heavily. It was like there was weight carrying her words. "Look at my burn. It's gross," she started, raising her right hand just a bit to show her the wound.

Nurse Lane chuckled a bit as Niki walked closer. "You'll survive."

"So, um..." Ziggy began, desperate to change the subject. "What's the witch's mark?"